Stats of underrepresented minorities?

<p>Hi,</p>

<p>I just wanted to know the stats of URMs applying to UMiami. Thanks</p>

<p>GPA: 3.8 (uw) 4.5 (w)
ACT: 32, 33 Super scored
Black
Female
ECs: Asian Culture Club (9-12) [Vice President], Editor-In-Chief for School Newspaper (12), African-American Culture Club (9-12), Algebra Tutor (9-12), LGBT Alliance (10-12)</p>

<p>Senior Courses: AP Calc BC, AP Spanish Lit, AP Psych, AP Lang, AP Gov, Honors Sociology, Honors Environmental Sci.</p>

<p>APs: AP World Studies (4), AP Gov (5), AP Euro (4), AP Lit (5), AP Chem (3) </p>

<p>Community Service: 210 hours</p>

<p>First-Gen</p>

<p>Impressive!! Did you apply EA?</p>

<p>GPA: 3.83 W
SAT (CR/M): 1280
ACT: 30
6 total AP’s and 4 honors classes (2 honors 9th, 4 honors 10th, 3 APs/1 honors 11th, 3 APs 12th)
Chinese (underrep. at UMiami tho)
Female
EC: 4 year vball, 3 year varsity track/field (pole vaulting), 3 job experiences (currently tutoring), CSH volunteer, library volunteer, NHS, community service club, softball, published poet, poetry contest finalist</p>

<p>GPA: 3.82 UW < (I guess it depends whether gym, health, and art electives are counted. I did not count gym and health)
SAT (CR/M): 1310
Class Rank: 21/381
APs: 11th- AP Calc (4) and AP Psych (4) 12th- 5 APs
Total honor classes:7
If you want to know, my “minority status” MIGHT carry more “weight” in admissions b/c I’m Colombian, moved to Puerto Rico when I was 6 and then moved to NJ sophomore year and then moved to Texas. They might also be more forgiving with my grades and rank b/c i was in three different high schools. Or maybe not.</p>

<p>Juandavid; your stats are pretty good! You’re in the top 5% of your class, so you should be set! Good luck; let me know how everything goes! :)</p>