UMiami Please Help Chance

<p>Hi, </p>

<p>I was wondering if someone could chance me for the University of Miami, I am applying early action</p>

<p>Gender: Female
Ethnicity: African American
Residence: Maryland</p>

<p>Stats:
GPA unweighted: 3.42857/4.0
GPA weighted: 3.83333
AP Courses:
APUSH: 10th grade
AP World History:11th grade
AP Language and Composition: 11th grade
AP Spanish Language and Culture: current
AP Calculus AB: current
AP Statistics: current
AP Psychology: current
AP English Literature and Composition: current</p>

<p>Also my SAT was very low 1610 I retook it October 5 and am hoping around a 1780 or 1800
Critical Reading: 610
Math: 460
Writing: 540 </p>

<p>ECs:
Varsity Soccer: 9-11
Varsity Lacrosse: 11th
JV Cheerleading: 9th
Varsity Indoor/Outdoor Track & Field: 10-11
Math Team
SGA
Key Club
Volunteer Cook/Cleaner for churches and homeless shelters</p>

<p>Please help, I have all a's and b's on my transcript but unfortunately I have more b's than a's and I'm very worried I will not be accepted at the University of Miami</p>

<p>It’s definitely a reach. But, it is reachable. 1780-1800 won’t change much. Aim for 1900+.</p>

<p>Thanks for your feedback. Do you know if the fact that they requested me to apply and constantly send me mail affects anything?</p>

<p>Did you ever try the ACT?</p>

<p>I think you have a good chance! I’m just trying to think of another option?</p>

<p>No I’m mediocre at science so I didn’t want to take the ACT. I’m also applying to The Ohio State University where my sister is graduating from this year so I’m certain I’ll be accepted if Miami doesn’t work out</p>

<p>Your GPA is ok but SAT is not. You may still have a shot being a URM. Last year a few were accepted with a 26 ACT and were even given scholarship money. Diversity at the U is much greater than at Miami University so I wish things work out for you.</p>

<p>Hi guys I got my October scores back and I did terrible but my math and CR reading improved. Do you think Miami is still a high reach for EA?
CR: 630
Math:500
I’m also taking it for my third and last time November 2</p>