STEP

Are any MN students doing this? What college are you going to for first semester? A four year or two year? I’m curious to see how many people on this site have decided to do it! Also anyone that has contacted Madison about it should share what they have learned here! I just emailed this morning asking questions so I will update when I hear back from them.

I am! I am planning on attending UW Whitewater for the fall semester. I emailed twice and these are the basics of what they said and I learned:

“I can see that you have accepted a place on our unranked waitlist, so there are no further actions that you will need to take at the moment. I will be in touch with you in the coming month regarding submission of a STEP Program Agreement, along with further information as you near your High School graduation.”

“You will continue to be considered for fall admission from the wait list, should space become available after May 1. And, participation in the STEP program will not affect consideration for general admission from the wait list.
So, if you choose to take advantage of the STEP Program, and come June we are able to offer you admission for the Fall 2017 term off of the wait list, you will be able to move forward as all other Freshman students entering UW for the fall semester.”

“In terms of financial aid, as a STEP student entering for the Spring 2018 term, you will be able to apply for and receive financial aid as any other student. And, if you are interested in living in a University Residence Hall your first semester, there will be housing options available to you. You would be able to go through the housing contract and preferences process during the fall.”