Still haven't received Financial aid..hurt chances?

<p>Crador: Are you a transfer student? if so, that’s a pretty good deal 12K + 5K. I haven’t received my financial aid package yet and I haven’t paid my enrollment deposit yet either.</p>

<p>I’m starting to apply for scholarships since I’m in desperate attempts to pay for UM.</p>

<p>My financial aid information JUST posted today on myum. I got 27K in grants and then they are offering me 8K in loans. The rest would have to come from a PLUS loan or I would have to start a payment plan to pay the difference. A payment plan would be insane considering that I can’t afford hundreds every month.</p>

<p>I’m wondering (if theres any parents out there I would love your feedback) what I should do. Should I accept those three loans (perkins, unsub and sub) for 8K or find a private loan elsewhere? My parents won’t sign for a PLUS loan so I’m pretty much on my own with this. I’m only paying tuition and fees, no housing or anything else.</p>

<p>@Sabrina1317 - you might receive more feedback in you repost your question in the forum that address financial aid.</p>

<p>[Financial</a> Aid & Scholarships - College Confidential](<a href=“http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/financial-aid-scholarships/]Financial”>Financial Aid and Scholarships - College Confidential Forums)</p>

<p>The parents who frequent that forum are very knowledgeable.</p>