Storage of "stuff" over summer/Univ. of AL-Tuscaloosa

<p>Please…'any suggestions of reliable/clean/reasonably-priced storage places in Tuscaloosa area? This is dorm room stuff—no bed, flatscreen TV on pedestal, some book shelves, printer, desk items (notebooks, printer pater, pens/pencils) clothes, boots, jackets, cooking/kitchen items, etc. We can transport packed up things to a storage unit—'no need for pickup/delivery by a company. We also need just month-to-month payment schedule for these summer months (only). Thank you, in advance!!</p>

<p>Last summer DS used All American on Rice Mine Rd. Had no problems and is likley going back there again this summer.</p>

<p>All American Self-Storage
4179 Rice Mine Rd NE,</p>

<p>Tuscaloosa, AL 35406
(205) 349-0907</p>

<p>If you want more options than the one posted above, I’d suggest reposting this question in the [Bama</a> forum](<a href=“http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/university-alabama/]Bama”>University of Alabama - College Confidential Forums) itself - you’ll get tons of responses!</p>

<p>S and roommate used Premier self-storage, about 5 mi south of UA campus last year. We are going to All American this year - no problem w/ Premier, other than our size reqs changed. Both sites have websites you can get cost information. Sounds like you would not need more than a 5x5 unit.</p>

<p>What size do y’all think we will need with a complete -BR , queen bed, mattress, tall dresser, large desk, swivel desk chair plus misc stuff like printer, clothes, kitchen supplies, books, etc</p>

<p>Both of the sites I mentioned (Premier and All American) have a link you click on to determine your space req with a little diagram of what fits into that space. It sounds like to me you would need at least a 5x10 or possibly 10x10. Depends on whether you want to play Jenga or not. </p>

<p>All American at Rice Mine was great over the past years, clean and secure. There is a way to have 24 hour access, PM me.</p>

<p>Has anyone used Dorm Room Movers? DS is OOS and will be packing up on his own (no car as well). This service will send packing boxes and tape to his room, pick up his stuff directly at the dorm and store it. They will then deliver it to his new apartment in the fall. My eldest used a similar service at the University of Wisconsin in Madison and had no problems, but it was a different company. </p>

<p>Thank you, y’all for your assistance!! 'Will check these out further online!</p>

<p>We did go w/ All-American Storage on Rice Mine Rd. As “robotbidmom” stated, the facility is clean and secure.
We went with a 5x5, climate-controlled. Staff was courteous and helpful. I do recommend.</p>