Student from Uruguay

<p>Hello, I'm a student from Uruguay planning to study in USA in fall 2012. I've been looking for universities with good reputation, but not the most prestigious like Harvard or Stanford. My situation is that I have a 3.0 GPA but i have not taken the SAT exam yet, so i would like to know if i have any chance to get into a good university (especially with a good business school as i will study economics) if i get very good results in the SAT exam. Also, my financial situation isn't good enough to survive a year in USA while paying university + my personal expenses. I have a US$ 15.000 budget per year, so that would be the number that i would be able to pay per year in USA. So, is there any university with good reputation that could provide me with a scholarship taking into account my 3.0 GPA and a possible excellent result in SAT exam? </p>

<p>THANKS FOR THE HELP, AND SORRY MY BAD ENGLISH.</p>

<p>CARLOS</p>

<p>Hi Carlos,
I’m not an expert on admissions and FA/scholarships for Intl. students (for that see the Intl. Students forum), but I think you’re going to have a very difficult time given the information you’ve provided.</p>

<p>Only the most selective colleges with large endowments give need based FA or merit scholarships to Intl. students. As a result, these spots go to the most accomplished students and I’m afraid a 3.0 gpa is below the range for these schools. And while testing is important, your HS record will not be overcome by a high test score.</p>

<p>Again, I don’t know specifics about individual schools, so someone else might know if a college that offers Intl. scholarships in this range. Please do go to the Int. Student forum and perhaps the FA & Scholarship forum; check the sticky threads at the top.</p>