Study Abroad + Singer

<p>Does the Singer cover the tuition costs of non-”U” study abroad programs? I'm thinking about doing UGalapagos, but I also wanna do a semester abroad at james cook university in australia. Anyone know if I would be able to use my Singer funds to cover the australia tuition? I know it covers the galapagos semester...</p>

<p>I can’t comment as to your question concerning Singer funds, but I was also considering those two choices for my study abroad experience! If you were to go to James Cook, do you know what semester you’d go for? I know their second half of the year starts during American universities’ first half, so I’m not sure how that would impact coursework/making friends/etc.</p>

<p>Marinebio444 - I believe Singer would cover the tuition for both programs as long as they are coordinated by the U, like the 2 you mentioned. I believe that typically the Austrailia and Galapagos opportunities arise in your junior year, altho I heard there have been sophomores in the programs. There was a good thread on this I remember following in 2011. </p>

<p>I believe the semester favored to go was Spring as there are so many [Miami] campus activities in the Fall you don’t want to miss. Also, my D went to an information session on the Austrailia locale and was quite under-whelmed by what she heard. Conversely, Galapagos sounded wonderful to her and she is planning to apply as soon as she can. This is another area where having AP credits coming from high school helps, as on paper you can look like a junior in your soph year.</p>

<p>I’d love to see comments from any current students who attended James Cooke in Austrailia. As a RSMAS student you’re thinking you can dive the Great Barrier Reef, right? I guess that doesn’t really happen - or at least happen very often. Again, I’m reporting second hand, so it would be good if someone can refute (or confirm).</p>

<p>Zinc: I confirmed on the Miami website that both programs would be covered by the Singer. I know I will definitely be doing UGalapagos, and now that I know JCU is also covered I will probably be doing that as well.</p>