Summer storage

<p>A few questions:</p>

<p>At end of spring semester what do students do with their stuff for the summer if they live far away? Is there storage space available on campus or is the u of a affiliated with any storage companies?</p>

<p>If you are going to return to the same dorm in the fall that you had in the spring will they let you keep your stuff in that same dorm?</p>

<p>Also, if you take classes during one of the summer sessions do you store your stuff for the few weeks between spring and summer sessions and then put it back in storage for the few weeks until fall semester starts?</p>

<p>I’m hoping it’s not as complicated as it seems - thanks for any info if you have it.</p>

<p>I don’t know about any contracts with nearby storage, but I can say that if you return to the same room and everything, you may NOT keep your stuff in the dorm. They do a ton of maintenance over the summer.</p>

<p>You definitely can’t leave your stuff there. I am going to be contacting dormroommovers.com . They are in the Parent & Family Magazine the school puts out in the spiring and fall. They say they will pick up, store and deliver your belongings back to school. I’m just trying to figure out how much this will cost. Hope this helps.</p>

<p>Yea you can’t leave anything in the dorms. Storage prices are RIDICULOUS for summer. I live out of state too & have a house full of my furniture. I am finding a few friends to split storage with me. They definitely take advantage of the fact that it is a college town and there are TONS of out of state kids.</p>

<p>You have to move out at the end of spring no matter what. The only time you can leave your stuff is in between summer sessions if you plan on doing both. At the end of summer sessions, you have to move out.</p>

<p>The key is to not bring much stuff. You need to be very judicious in deciding what to bring…you can leave the 50" plasma and PS3 at home.</p>