Suny geneseo

<p>I'm a senior in HS with a decent GPA: 91 Decent SAT Scores: 1510/2400.
I applied to SUNY GENESEO as an EOP student but they didn't accept me in that program because my GPA is too "high"
But they told me to apply through TOP, my question is Does that program really helps and is Geneseo worth it?
Can someone who goes/went to Geneseo give me some feedback on the program and it is beneficial?
Also I'm going to school as an undecided student, Geneseo has like 40 majors I believe but what if I don't find any of those majors appealing to me?</p>

<p>Geneseo is a great school (it’s the State’s Honors College, essentially) so if they told you to apply through TOP, please do it :slight_smile: - yes it’s worth it.
40 majors is a lot, unless you feel you’d go into nursing or engineering or something technical (in which case Geneseo wouldn’t work).
but you shouldn’t just apply to it -appy to SUNY Bing, Buffalo, Albany, etc (each campus has its strengths though - Albany’s is business, for instance.)
In addition, if 1510 is considered a decent score at your school and on par with e 91 GPA, I’m guessing you may be first generation/lower income, so you may want to apply to some of the “100%” schools (those are highly selective but offer the best financial aid packages).
[100%</a> Meet Need Colleges | CollegeGreenlight](<a href=“Colleges with Need-Blind Admission for U.S. Students”>Colleges with Need-Blind Admission for U.S. Students)
Colleges such as Holy Cross, Gettysburg, St Olaf, have January 1/15 deadlines and are worth a shot for you.</p>

<p>I have a Freshman at Geneseo and she loves it. Very happy with her decision to attend. I also have a son at a college that met full need on that list who is a Senior. Yes they give give financial packages for those in need but be aware if your situation changes during your under grad years you will be required to pay more. Your package changes yearly. I do feel more comfortable that my daughter is at Geneseo for that reason. Geneseo really has a private school feel. Love it!</p>