Syracuse Class of 2027 Official Thread

Hey everyone, Newhouse applicant here. I was deferred from ED II for the Bandier program so now I’m waiting for RD to come in. I got my deferral letter at 4:30 pm on a Wednesday. Super weird and not in line with what I’m seeing in this thread but just wanted to put that info out there. Good luck to everyone if decisions end up dropping today!

4 Likes

Deleting bc I answered about ARCH and you were asking about COMMS. My apologies for bungling that!

Good luck!!

good luck!

Pins and needles over here. I swear if she doesn’t get an email today, we are all going to be SO annoyed! Lol

This entire process has gotten out of control. These poor kids.

1 Like

Remember - the school publishes “by 4/1” - if we’re annoyed at no email today it’s because we did it to ourselves…

But agreed! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I was just thinking that! We brought this on ourselves.

2 Likes

Haha! Yes!

I am in Newhouse. I am majoring in Broadcast Journalism currently… it is truly spectacular. If you have any questions, I am happy to answer them!

2 Likes

I have a question (three actually): D applied to Newhouse TV/Film and is interested in writing for TV. We have been trying to get a feel for how Newhouse supports and hones creativity. I know they are solid when it some to technical skills and industry skills, but we can’t get a feel for creative skills. She is also a serious academic and wants to double in Stats or Sociology and do research (interested in data and stats about TV viewing habits and trends, etc.) Is it possible to follow both these paths or does Newhouse just consume you? Do Newhouse students support one another and collaborate or is everyone competing for the limelight?

My kid is applying. We didn’t get to visit until recently due to sports taking up every minute of their life. They applied RD for the exact program… hoping to hear good news. If accepted, we do have some questions. Congrats to you and so so happy you are enjoying the program.

1 Like

Officially 5pm. Please post if you get status change email!

4 Likes

Newhouse is known to be hard to get into but once in the specific school, it’s classes are engaging and just doesn’t feel like work because those there are so passionate about being there and their studies. Whitman on the other hand for business some would say is easier to get into but once there, it is in no way an easy business school. Doubling up as a Newhouse/Whitman major and you are sure to get As in Newhouse classes and the Whitman classes are more of a challenge and those accepted as dual Newhouse/Whitman are some of the most competitive applicants with it being a 149 credit degree doable in 4 years.

So back to your question, absolutely one do more in just Newhouse with a double major and minors.I Only way things consume students is if they choose to live at say Citrus TV or the radio station at all hours of the day. College is about balance and time management. If you make the time to to partake in what you want, you can make it all happen.

1 Like

Where did you see this?

I mean it’s 5pm and we are all thinking decisions are coming out around now…didn’t mean it was offically confirmed! Sorry for the confusion!

3 Likes

EDII is a whole different beast and there is no pattern with that cycle. The number of EDII applicants is low and they get through those and relay responses at a quicker pace.

Nothing here :roll_eyes:

1 Like

It was between 5 and 5:30 a few years back not 5 on the dot.

2 Likes

See you guys next Friday… :crazy_face:

8 Likes