TAMU 2019 Success stories for average test scores!

@nervoustamumommy My son had zero AP classes and got in and got a 4.0 last semester. So 2 things, no I don’t think it hurts for admission purposes especially since admissions knows what’s offered at each school and secondly, AP definitely helps to prepare a student for college class work, but a student who works hard will be able to hang with AP students in college!

With the wait making so many of us anxious, especially for those with not the highest test scores, I’m hoping maybe this thread can be revived. If you are a current student, or Alumni, or already accepted full admit, gateway or TEAM (not satellite campuses) and maybe had just average test scores, or maybe you were in the second quarter, would be awesome to hear from you, not to give anyone false hope, but just to see if it happens. Obviously we can’t all see each other’s full application with essay, but it would be cool to see some positive stories since I know many are feeling a bit defeated!

My son was accepted to Blinn TEAB the 2nd week of Feb last year. His ACT score: 26 and SAT: 1260.Top,18 percent of a class of 1100. He did well his 1st semester at A&M with a 4.0. His friends are from Blinn and “full admit” as we all say. No one cares once they are all there. Actually, my son is lucky. His Chemistry, Physics, and Calc II are smaller at Rellis. His engineering class is at A&M and he did just as well as everyone else. He loves A&M and is doing great. Please, don’t lose faith. Actually, it is harder for potential nursing students (my daughter, Blinn student 3 years ago).The program accepts such a small amount of students. She ended graduating from UTMB. Gig em!