TAMU and National Merit Finalist -Tuitions, Room & Board Questions?

I know A&M will cover tuitions with 42K scholarships. Anyone has real experiences on how to bring R&B cost down?

What other scholarships are out there to cover R&B?

Thanks & Gig’em

My son got the Brown Scholarship which covers room and board as well. You might want to find out if his department does departmental scholarships. I am pretty sure that many do. Also, when his scholarships were first added, with everything listed for the Brown Scholarship, they didn’t add up to completely cover room and board. But over the months before school start, scholarships got added until it was all covered. Your son or daughter could still be getting more. Unfortunately I’m not sure if there is any way to know this.

@rosegeo, thanks for info.
If my D decide not to live in the dorm. Can she withdrew scholarship money to pay out off campus room and board? Also, What happens to any extra money if any leftover $$ at the end of spring semester?

I had originally thought my son would have to stay on campus to get full benefit of his scholarships but that is not the case. His scholarship money gets applied to all of his tamu bills. Whatever is left over gets refunded to him and he can use that money for whatever he needs. A&M will not allow any credit to sit in his account. He has signed a lease for an apartment for next year and is pretty excited about it.