TAMU Class of 2022 - Engineering Admission Decisions

@MaybeAggieParent it was Saturday morning

My son was auto admitted to TAMU in October but have been waiting on the acceptance into College of Engineering since then. He was offered Blinn in Bryan as one of 3 options, he picked this option last night. It told him will know if he was accepted in 48 hours. Have others had this experience? More waiting…and praying that this doesn’t mean this option is full!

Surely not @aggiemomx2 I can’t imagine it would be full as decisions are just rolling out. He should be fine. It’s just a formality, I’m sure. That is exciting though. I don’t know you or your son, obviously, but I just believe this is such an amazing path and he will be set for success!

@AggieMomx2 It just takes them that long to get everything entered. After the 48 hours we were able to proceed with the NSC registration in AIC. The waiting really stink, though, I understand completely.

@AggieMomx2 Was he offered to chose any other open major, Engineering at Galveston (which is full admissions to engineering) and Blinn Engineering Academy at Bryan?

There is a space for him with any of these offers and his place in what he accepts is secured. It just may take 48 hours for everything to be actually entered and updated. He is not having to wait, yet again, to see if he is accepted or has a spot.

Yes, he was offered those 4 options: chose another major, Galveston, Blinn-Bryan or McAllen.

Thanks for easing my anxiety!

@AggieMomx2 when did your son receive the offers you mention above pls? Was that today (Monday)? Thx

@MaybeAggieParent I believe she stated that her son chose the option last night so was not offered today. It seems the larger waves of offers go out Tuesday and Thursday based upon the activity on this forum. It will all settle out soon.

Correct me if I am wrong, @AggieMomx2 the latestvENGR Acad at Blinn Decisions were Feb 8. Aggiemomx2, could you please share your son’s stats?

@MaybeAggieParent He said he saw it on Friday the 9th. He has been so frustrated with the waiting he wasn’t checking everyday and he was at a golf tournament all weekend. So he came to us last night and we talked about it and decided it was best to accept Blinn Engineering Academy.

@Thelma2 I promise to post his stats as soon as I can get all the information together…don’t have it all with me.

Thanks @AggieMomx2 Congratulations on becoming an Aggie! Make sure to do the housing contact within 30 days or you will lose priority status. Register for you NSC and make your hotel reservations. Make sure to do the Pre Conference day if at all possible. So worth it.
Look for the parking lot/garage pass sale which usually opens in April as well as the sports pass. They both will sell out. The earlier you put in for the parking pass (if you bring a car) the better chance you have of obtaining the lot/garage you want.

My son’s account is showing something new. Comments please! This was under his “Manage Applications”.

Major: TEAB Program: BAC-TEAM-EB

He applied to the School of Engineering. Does this mean he has been accepted to Blinn Team?

@GManmom123 Well, not Blinn Team exactly but the Engineering Academy at either Bryan or McAllen. BAC is Bachelors. I don’t know the EB. The AIS should update by tomorrow with location and maybe Howdy later. CONGRATS!!!

@Thelma2 I’m not familiar with Bryan or McAllen academies. Is it the same as Blinn?

BAC-ENGE-GV means Engineering at Galveston. I’m searching for what EB means. I want to say Engineering Bryan.

@AggieMomx2 What does your Academy at Bryan and McAllen read like?

@Thelma2 What goes on at the pre conference day? We already attended Aggieland this weekend and he has done his spend the night with the corp last year. I only reserved my hotel for one night for the NSC so want to see if i should change that and take an extra day off work? Thanks!

@hopeTAMUengmom the pre day consists of taking photo for ID (from 2 - 5pm), taking tours if you want, taking any placement tests that need to be done, a couple of sessions like money tips for students, greek life, corps of cadets open house and singing cadets auditions. There’s also an evening social. It isn’t necessary but does give you a chance to breathe more on day 1 of conference because you’re not running around soaking in everything at once!!!

Nothing is mandatory so you won’t miss necessary things. It is just fun stuff to do. Arriving early (pre conference) allows you to begin checking off many of the “to-dos” that you must accomplish while on campus. Go ahead and check in at Kyle Field and pick up parking pass.

Orientation Leaders invite you and your family to join them at the Clayton W. Williams, Jr. Alumni Center, home of The Association of Former Students, for light refreshments as you explore the various exhibits, enjoy some outdoor activities, try on an Aggie Ring, and ask any questions that you may have. While at the social, you will have the opportunity to check-in early for the conference. At Check-In you will receive all of your orientation materials, including a new student folder and official schedule. *Please note: If you attend the Pre-Conference Check-in and have any registration holds present on your account, you may still need to go to Day 1 Conference Check-In to remove those holds.

We had so much fun at the Giant Aggie ring, taking photos outside as well as all of the photo ops inside. And of course, you hold up a sign with everything you do. Interactive game with the students. It was fun and low key compared to the long days of conference.

@GManmom123 I’m so happy for you and your son!!!
I have been sharing your stress. My son is still waiting on A&M. (Applied early)
He was offered UT Cap and is now heavily leaning toward Alabama(Deposit down and housing).
Fingers crossed for Aggieland!

Thank you but I’m not going to celebrate until his application changes to accepted. LOL! I’ll be saying prayers we all get good news in the next few days!