TAMU Class of 2022 - Engineering Admission Decisions

@Thelma2 Do you or anyone know what Program: BS-CVEN-GCE means under the manage you application tab? Looking for clues like everyone else. thanks

It is General Engineering Civil Engineering Track. Was the major he applied to Civil? I don’t know if that means what he is admitted to or what major he applied to. Do keep us updated with changes! Looking hopeful.

Howdy Manage Application:
Status: Under Review Level: Undergrad Major: ENGE Program: BAC-ENGE-GV
Do all of you seeing changes on manage application still see “under review” as well?
30 min ago it read:
Under review undergrad AERO BS-AERO
Any comments to maybe ease the stress?

@aeromum CONGRATS! Looks like full admit to Engineering at Galveston! Will auto transition to College Station after freshman year with successful completion of the freshman general engineering classes!

My son now has the same as @aeromum - BAC-ENGE-GV - OMG I’ve been expecting a rejection with all the high stat’s I’ve been seeing!

CONGRATS @KIMZ99 Full Admit to Galveston!!

@Thelma2 Are you sure? It still says “Under Review” right next to that.

Received 6 tabs this morning! My son was accepted to Texas A&M Blinn Engineering!

6 tabs this morning and appl change to A&M Eng Galveston.

@Thelma2 no tabs this morning even with the Program: BS-CVEN-GCE change on the manage application page. may not mean what we thought.

@trinley I bet your tabs show up either today or tomorrow. I hear they update overnight. Maybe they can only update a certain number of applicants so that it won’t “break the system”.

@GManmom123 my guess (hope) is that they update in batches based upon the campus. The tabs I have seen for this morning are for Galveston and Blinn. Have not seen anyone report 6 tabs for CS yet.

6 tabs this morning. Under AIS major: Engineering Academy at Blinn
Stats:
-1310 sat (640 math)
-4.6 weighted GPA
-70+ dual credit hours
-meh essays
-Internship for local institution
-eagle scout
-student gov. 3 yrs
-top 25% rank

I am a bit concerned since I already have so many transferable credit hours. How will that play out with the Blinn situation? I have completed many college math courses (Trig, University Cal, etc.), will I just have to retake these at Blinn :frowning: ?

Congrats all!!
@trinley your application date is after the ED deadline, which explains why you don’t have tabs or updates. As has been mentioned on some posts, engineering has been concentrating on getting out the Early Decision application decisions first, those who applied on or before Oct. 15. I still think it is a good sign for you though. Sorry you get to be the guinea pig for us.

@“NotFeelingIt:(” What date did you submit application?
You can send over all of your scores without claiming any. You do not want to claim any without visiting with an advisor. You can claim stuff all the way through your Sr year. No hurry. A lot of it depends on if what you have credit for is equal to what you need for the major. For engineering, your trig AP/DC isn’t going to be equivalent to Engineering Calculus 151, so that credit is useless. Sorry. It is way too much info to type in a forum, so you really need to have advisor input. AP and DC hours don’t always translate for STEM degrees and you would run into the same issue if you were full admit to College Station. A lot of those classes just won’t satisfy the courses you need on the degree plan, The only givens, generally, are the University core curriculum classes.

Are they all Dual Credit?Not AP? There is a difference. Engineering math may not be what you took - use the transfer course equivalency to see what they count for https://compass-ssb.tamu.edu/pls/PROD/bwxkwtes.P_TransEquivMain Then compare to the list of courses for engineering & ask an advisor. You don’t have to accept all the credits if I remember correctly for dual credit – I think there was a distinction for courses taken while in HS vs. after you begin at TAMU. Bottom line: ask an advisor for current information that applies to you & your pathway.

@pleaseadmit2022 @tamujuul @mooonmon @Trommald @MomHopesNxtGenAg @nif @ChennaiAg @computerengr11 @college34476 @MaybeAggieParent @Phantomsummer11 @AgMomOf5 @Kaitlin99 @TXQ

All of you were Oct 15 or before. Any admissions decision for any of you yet?

@Thelma2 @AGmomx2 I submitted my App January 1st. I took dual credit courses (only DC) through a local community college. In addition, I will probably receive my associates before my HS graduation if that makes a difference. I’ll make sure to look at the transfer course equivalency page.

From my understanding you MUST take DC on your transcript. Doesn’t mean you don’t have to retake something for TAMU but it’s very different than AP credit. AP credit is at your discretion. You just have to be careful in having too many credit before hitting your desired major. Some majors (if you decide to change) have to be done before 60 credits. That counts all college credit. Best bet as was mentioned is to talk to advisor for help. I know several students transferred to TAMU from Blinn (from TEAM) because they ran out of classes to take. They just applied as a transfer student.

Well, there went my theory that only those who applied for the Early Decision were receiving offers, as has been posted as to what engineering has told people about concentrating on getting those apps out. Perhaps they did and then some. Still a lot we have not heard from.

Hi @Thelma2 . Yes, my son applied by Oct 15. His target major is Computer Engineering. As of last Sat (2/10) neither his Howdy nor AIS pages had updated at all. I feel bad asking him to keep checking since I don’t want to add to the pressure. He has been accepted at Colo School of Mines and TX Tech, so at least we know he is going SOMEWHERE. :wink: Will advise as soon as we know one way or another about TAMU. Thx.