TAMU Class of 2023 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

@JhaveyJ

There is a thread already about what Engineering at Galveston and the different Engineering Academies as well as the engineering Admissions thread with pages of information. You need to read them as well as explore the webpages for each offer.

The Engineering Admissions thread is only 52 pages so it won’t take too long to read through. http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/texas-m-university/2101021-tamu-class-of-2023-engineering-admission-decisions.html#latest

I will post the links again to the various programs again on the Engineering Decisions Page, as not to have engineering discussions on this page that is for all other majors.

@IT22379 Blinn/Bryan, McAllen and Galveston are engineering major decisions when an applicant is not offered a seat in College Station Engineering. They are pathways to College Station.

@Thelma2

I’ll have to read through that, thank you. One last question - Can I still be accepted into College Station without the major? I’ve seen people who’ve been accepted into a college station without hearing their major response. Do I just need to wait, or is there a place I can find that?

Still have 3 tabs this morning… hopefully there will be more review admits throughout the day. Congrats to everyone who got 6 tabs today!

@jhaveyj are you asking if you can change your major to nonengineering?

@AggieMomhelp

No. I’m sorry if I’m commenting too much. In a bit of panic over being denied from both UT Austin’s and A&M’s Main campus’s. I was just wondering if I can go into A&M as undedecided, and then transfer into Engineering.

My DD still has three tabs, as well. We are worried because she doesn’t want to accept the UT CAP agreement that is due today, so we did what we aren’t supposed to…we called the admissions office and explained our situation. They looked her up and said that they will most likely have an answer in a week and a half. Still don’t know what to do about CAP.

Any BIMS been accepted yet? I remember @Thelma2 saying that they always have to wait, haha.

If we get Blinn-Team, it shows in AIS first, not Howdy, correct? @Thelma2 @AggieMomAgain

@DestinationTAMU oh my! i’m so sorry you’re in such a difficult position. i have nothing to offer other than my highest hopes for a resolution to your dilemma!

Went ahead and chose Blinn-Bryan dual Enrollement. I’m assuming Blinn-Bryan is nearby College Station if I’m partaking in intermingled classes. Planning to transfer following Freshman year. Does transferring into Chemicals Eng. require 1 or 2 years?

@IT22379 @angsmi The CAP program is assurance into a liberal arts major only. It is easier to get into the competitive majors as an incoming freshman than as an internal transfer.

@JhaveyJ please discuss the engineering decisions on the engineering admissions thread. I will answer your question over there.

I agree! From what I’ve read there are only 100 transfers from within and then 100 from outside tamu. So, I feel it will be better to transfer in from another college all together if he truly wants to go there.

@angsmi I spoke wit the UT Cap counselor unfortunately his major is actuarial science which is in the business school and it’s not one of the approved credits so even if he transfers he will still need to compete with incoming and transfer students to get into the business school. So basically it’s not guaranteed unless he changes his major to something in liberal arts.

@Eaglehaslanded What college at A&M did your Aggie to be apply for re: Environmental Science? Was it “Environmental Studies” in the College of Geosciences or was it “Environmental Studies” in the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences? We too have applied for Environmental . . .

@DestinationTAMU Chances are if you didn’t accept the CAP when it was offered, you’ve lost out unless you want to live in a less than desirable city for a yr. Good luck, they happened to my daughter 3 years ago.
My next daughter is in review and has been for months. She changed her major a couple weeks ago and it hasn’t shown up on her application. We guess because she’s too far into the review process. Also went and visited campus last week and we’re told a closed major was not a final decision on acceptance. We told the Deans of those majors that were closed and they were not aware and very upset admissions were telling people that.

Edit: Envirinmental Geoscience in the College of Geosciences

@IT22379 Geoscience was still open last week but your major decision doesn’t matterms on admissions.

@jhaveyj Yes, you can live on TAMU campus. Rellis campus is a shuttle away (10 minutes tops) between campuses. Congrats.

@hansenelliott007 Let me check her emails to ensure I didn’t post incorrectly!

since people got 6 tabs today, do we think that they will release those decisions tonight?