TAMU Class of 2023 - Engineering Admission Decisions

@Thelma2 what do you think are my chances?

@vka123 Your scores make you an academic admit to the university and most likely full admission to College Station engineering.

Thanks! @Thelma2 , @goodperson200☺️
Does anyone have an idea when the next lot of CStat Engr. decisions may come out?

@Le1Harsh No idea on decisions coming out. All we can do is speculate.

Here’s hope for all who are still waiting…my son got his acceptance packet in the mail 2 days ago for the college of engineering. We’d stopped looking online as we thought it’d be the end of January. He appled beginning of October and was a review admit. Class rank 13% out of class size 650, SAT 1350 (math 700), not a ton of extracurricular (4 years cross country) or volunteer work, no special awards or leadership positions. AP Calculus AB and BC (low A in the classes), AP physics 1 and 2 (B in the classes), and AP history (B in the classes). I thought he didn’t stand a chance. And he spent about 15 minutes writing his essay. I’m thinking it was his math score on the SAT and math classes that got him in. So if he can get in there is hope for those still waiting. And he was able to secure a housing spot with no problem for those who were worried about housing. Although I’ve been told that off campus housing is also a good option even for freshman. They have many apartments surrounding the campus.

@AggieMomhelp

Here is some interesting information from @saxophone001 looks like he/she is a lonely, pathetic individual with nothing better to do than lie. Sad existence, poor thing.

July 15, 2018
Class Rank: Top 18%
SAT: 1330
http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/texas-m-university/2091134-chances-of-getting-into-texas-a-m-2023-p1.html

September 30
09-30-2018 at 11:44 am in Texas A&M University
Howdy! I am about to be a senior and planning to apply for Texas A&M. I was wondering what my chances of getting in would be through holistic review? I plan to take the October SAT, but I would like to know of my chances with my current stats. My choice of major is Public Health.
Class Rank: Top 19%
SAT: 1330
http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/texas-m-university/2102665-what-are-my-chances-of-getting-into-a-m.html#latest

December 17, 2018
12-17-2018 at 7:13 pm
Howdy!
When did you apply: 10/1
When did you get your UIN: 10/3
When did you receive your admission decision: 10/11
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: Review
Major/College of Choice: Public Health
Class Rank: 149/770 so top 19%
SAT (with Sub Scores): 1340 (680 reading/ 660 math)
Hope this helps! Good luck to everyone still waiting! Happy Holidays
Page 98 post #1464

January 17, 2019
When did you apply: 9/20
When did you get your UIN: 9/23
When did you receive your (engineering) admission decision: haven’t received yet
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit?: Auto- admit
Major/College of Choice: Petroleum Eng.
Did you get in: not yet
Honors program: no
Class Rank: 66/770 (WOW! an auto admit at top 8%. Such an monumental improvement over being 19%. But wait, he/she was accepted already to Public Health in December. How did they apply to Engineering in September?
ACT/SAT (with Math Subscore): 1310 (690 math)

@thelma2 wow… people are so sad aren’t they?

@Thelma2 hello! I’d like to clarify. The stats from july, september and december are my own. I kept updating them as I got new information on my ranking from my counselor and I took various SATs so I improved my score. I also joined new clubs this year that I was able to add to my EC’s. That is why between those three posts, some minor details changed. Recently, my friend asked if he could post something on here since he is anxiously waiting for his decision and wanted some input. I really admire the help you’ve given us all on this forum, but not I am not a pathetic lonely person.

FINALLY… Admitted to BioMED. Thanks

When did you apply: 10/15/18
When did you get your UIN: 10/18/18
When did you receive your (engineering) admission decision:01/23/2019
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit?: Academic admit
Major/College of Choice: BioMED
Did you get in: Yes, Finally
Honors program: NOt Yet
Class Rank: DNR - Assigned first quarter
ACT/SAT (with Math Subscore): 1420
GPA: 3.97
Residency: OOS

Congrats. My son also got accepted to the Engineering school this morning and can finally sign up for NSC. It has been a long wait as he got accepted to A&M months ago and we have been waiting and checking almost every day. Maybe a big wave of admissions today.

Finally accepted to Dwight Look
When did you apply: 09/26/18
When did you get your UIN: 10/02/18
When did you receive your (engineering) admission decision: 01/23/19
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit?: Academic admit
Major/College of Choice: Aerospace Engineering
Did you get in: Yes!
Honors program: Not Sure
Class Rank: DNR - Assigned first quarter
ACT/SAT (with Math Subscore): 1480 (760M)
Percentage grade: 81.2 Indian Curriculum
Residency: Intl. (India)

@Thelma2 I was wondering if I haven’t been informed of a scholarship decision with my COE acceptance means I haven’t received one or does it just mean that my application for scholarships is still in review. Will the university send a clear statement if I don’t receive any scholarships?

@Le1Harsh Congratulations on being admitted.

Here’s the thing with scholarships. Many don’t start showing up until late January/early February. They won’t all show up at once either. They can continue to show up in your financial aid portal throughout the Spring and even into Summer. Here is the thing. Many students may have partial totals for the Tuition Waiver on May 1, which is the deadline to accept your admissions decision or decline it. You can accept it and hope the rest of the funds are awarded to gain the Tuition Waiver or plan to pay OOS rates. Or, as many do, decline the offer because the risk they won’t get the remaining funds.

Congrats you guys! With y’alls stats, I’m not surprised! Whoop.

So at what point do I start to worry that my son has not heard anything? He received his general acceptance as an academic admit September 20 but it’s been crickets since then. I’ve posted his stats previously but I’ll post again for reference. Not sure if it matters or not, but we are in-state in a large competitive high school.

When did you apply: 7/4
When did you get your UIN: 9/20
When did you receive your (engineering) admission decision: waiting to hear as of 9/20
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit?: academic admit
Major/College of Choice: Electrical & Computer 1st choice Computer Engineering, 2nd choice Electrical Engineering
Did you get in: waiting on Engineering review
Honors program: did not apply
Class Rank: 1st quarter. 3.72 GPS, 4.2 weighted GPA
SAT: 1420 (710 Math, 710 Reading)

Eagle Scout, 140+ hours volunteer service in local community, NHS, all A’s in AP Calculus, AP Physics, and AP Computer Science. Employed since beginning of summer teaching young kids coding.

@lifetraveler8 I would think he would hear in the next round of full admits. I can’t imagine with those stats and rigor plus ECs that he wouldn’t be full engineering student.

I know I sound like a broken record to keep repeating this, but…Last year, a small release (and I say small just in comparison to the number we saw) on Jan 20 and a much larger release on the 30th of Jan. It would not surprise me at all if there is yet another round of full admission for engineering before they start with Galveston and the Academy decisions.
Will this year follow last year’s trend? In most ways, it has so far.

Lifetraveller - I don’t think your son has anything to worry about. My Son was accepted with much lower SAT score than yours. Was admitted as top 10% though #3 in his school (a small school) like 80 students. I just wonder how much weight this carries vs ACT/SAT score.Anyhow your sons stats are amazing so I would just be patient. I couldn’t imagine him not getting full CS admit.

AggieMomhelp and Thelma2 I honestly don’t know what we all would do without your advice and knowledge. I hope you realize what a help you are to all of us going through this process for the first time! Thanks for talking me down off the cliff!

@Thelma2 @AggieMomhelp Thank you for all your advice! It sure is helpful to all of us crazy parents. I appreiate you taking time out of your lives to help us through this process.