TAMU Class of 2023 - Engineering Admission Decisions

Why would someone NOT apply for permanent Housing status when paying $75? Confused by the language…

Yay! the official letter is in …now we wait for Engineering. I have heard several times that we may hear as soon as mid-late October for Engineering…yet the info we just received made it sound like December is the first wave of Engineer acceptances? Is this how you guys read it?

Either way!! EEKS excited for the first big step to be checked off! :slight_smile: Congrats to you guys!

My daughter finally got hers too! Yay! I knew it was a given but was still anxious to see it! Like everyone, we wait for Engineering. I think the “official” word is December but I heard last year some got notified in mid-October. I personally know people who didn’t until January last year.

@MamaLaRay and others …Congrats and cheers to your kiddos on making it official today :). Now to try and relax and enjoy the next few months while they (and us ) wait to hear… :slight_smile:

A mother just posted on a closed FB group that her daughter got into Cstat Texas A&M engineering. Could that be true?

@BingeWatcher , based on what AIS says, which

@texdancemom posted above, I would doubt that the mother was correct about her daughter being admitted to engineering yet, but who knows? I quit trying to predict anything about this application process long ago. ?

@CamandCam , I too think the mother made a mistake.

This is what my daughter’s acceptance letter says in the AIS system…

"All students applying for engineering will be considered for acceptance to engineering based on a competitive holistic review process. Students whose files are complete by October 15th will receive notification of engineering selections by early December; files completed after October 15th will receive notification in mid-January. Be assured, your admission to Texas A&M University is secure; it is your major which has not yet been determined. "

So I dont think ANY student has been accepted to engineering college yet by the sound of the letter.

BTW, Our HOWDY still shows “Under Review” .

Here are the Engineering admissions release dates from class 2021 and 2022.
Engineering Review has only been around three admissions cycles, 2021, 2022, and 2023.

For class 2021, the first year, they deferred a lot of Early Decision applicants until after Winter Break. They just couldn’t process them all fast enough before the university went on holiday. The admissions decisions while only for full admissions before the break, afterwards, different admissions were released on the same day.

In 2022, The application process was extended due to Hurricane Harvey. a third of undergraduates come from Harris and surrounding impacted counties. Only full admissions offers were offered before winter break as well as some after winter break. Specific admissions decisions were released at one time and not mixed in with other decisions on the same day.

No one knows how they will release the decisions this year because the past two years have not been consistent in pattern.

Engineering Decisions for Class 2021
Full Admissions to College Station
November 11
November 21
December 4
December 7
December 15
December 21
January 6
January 17, 18, 19
January 20

Full Admissions to A&M Engineering at Galveston first year
January 20
January 24

Blinn Engineering Academy at Bryan
January 20

There are no posts regarding PSA admissions decisions on the engineering thread but on the main admissions thread, it is reported that applicants began receiving PSA decisions February 4 and continued over several days up through the 14th of February.

Engineering Decisions for Class 2022
Full Admissions to College Station
October 5
October 31
November 7
November 21 (a very large decision release)
December 6
December 15
January 13
January 20
January 30 (a very large decision release)

Admissions to Blinn Engineering Academy
February 8
February 12

Full Admissions A&M Engineering at Galveston first year
February 12
February 13

Engineering to McAllen Engineering Academy (A new admissions decision offer)
February 12

PSA (Pathway to System Admissions for Engineering and Review Applicants
March 7
March 8

I have been accepted to TAMU, but engineering under review. Today received a lot of info on NSC in the mail. I am sure I will not attend TAMU if I don’t get my major. Does it make sense to still schedule NSC? Please guide me. Thank you

I have not received any mail from A&M with regards to admissions or recruiting or anything.
My AIS shows I’m accepted but under engineering review but I would have thought o would have received some actual mail by now.

@brl2000 the mail came in just today even though the online acceptance was probably a week or more ago. You may get yours any day now

When did you apply: 8/19
When did you get your UIN: 8/26
When did you receive your (engineering) admission decision: Awaiting
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit?: Academic Admit
Major/College of Choice: Civil Engineering
Did you get in: Got in school, awaiting Engineering Review
Honors program: Planning on applying
Class Rank: Top 14%
ACT/SAT (with Math Subscore): ACT 31 (35 math, 32 English)

10 APs (Including Calc BC and Physics 1)

ECs: Club swimmer since I was 7
Made club state team ever since I was 8
4-year high school varsity letterman in swimming
4-year state qualifier high school swimming
1-year High School Swim Captain
NHS
Beta Club
Engineering Club
Chairman of school Republican club
Board member of my county-wide Republican club (largest Teenage Chapter in Georgia)

Really hoping I can get in for Civil! Can someone chance me?

@MJCritch with your math score you shouldn’t have any problem getting in to engineering. You don’t choose your particular major until the middle of the spring semester your freshman year. So,you will be general engineering your first year.

How long did it take from admission seen in AIS to letter in the mailbox for engineering student? My son got admitted on 9/20 but still no physical letter :frowning:

When did you apply: 8/26/18
When did you get your UIN: 8/28/18
When did you receive your (engineering) admission decision: 9/20
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit?: Auto-admit
Major/College of Choice: Chemical Engineering
Did you get in: YES
Honors program: waiting
Class Rank: 12 (out of 95) (top 15%)
ACT/SAT (with Math Subscore): 32 (28 Math)

@Embeechristmas I would personally wait to sign up for new student conference since you are waiting on your major. There are plenty of NSC dates and times. That being said, once you are admitted to engineering, start looking at NSC dates quickly. Just pay attention to the ones that have your major. Not all majors meet every NSC. Hope that helps!

@92agfirst , My son was admitted 9/20 (currently in engineering review). He received his letter October 1. His friend who was also admitted 9/20 received his letter 9/29.

i was admitted on the 20th and got my letter yesterday. Now I am just anxious about the engineering decision

My son was admitted on 9/20, yet no letter yet in the mail. His last name starts with a “W”…wondering if they send out in waves by alpha order? It will be fun to see the official letter…but we are feeling the stress creep up about the Engineering part. He has worked so hard (like I know the others have too!) and is dead set on the Corp…it’s gonna feel like an eternity to see if this goal all comes together for him.