TAMU Class of 2023 - Engineering Admission Decisions

@Sybylla Lol, at UT Austin even you’re a NMF but not in top 6-7%, they’ll reject you.

@trinley At the bryan engineering academy, you take classes at RELLIS and TAMU correct?

UT doesn't need an NMF carrot, i understand that but the instate NMF kids would still be more likely to be UT admits. My point is that it looks like TAMU's OOS waivers ARE NMFs. If OOS applicants clearly knew this, there would be way less OOS applicants crossing their fingers for tuition waivers. Especially those with less than tippy top stats. 

@learner234 you are correct. Engineering and 1 other class. Calculus and science classes at Rellis

My daughter will be TEAB with classes at Rellis. Someone mentioned that the commute is 45-60 minutes on the bus. They said parking a personal vehicle is an issue. I’m willing to purchase parking passes on both campuses. I believe she will get priority for a parking spot at CSTAT by living in residence hall. I don’t know about Rellis/Blinn. My question is how and when do I apply for the parking permits for both?

@ThreesACharm There is no such thing as priotity parking because you live in a residence hall. On campus parking pass reservations open around the first week in April. Buy her on campus pass that week for best chances to get one. her parking privilege will be restricted to that lot. The problem with on campus parking elsewhere is thought you have a permit, all of the spaces may be full when you want one. A class may not be until 930 on tuesday, but if you are not there by 730, you will be driving around for 3 hours looking for a spot.
Parking permits sell out and waiting lists are common.
Admissions to the university is just the beginning to what is competitive at A&M
She also needs to keep watch to when sport passes go online for sale. They sell out too.

I concur with @thelma2. @threesacharm even current students get waitlisted on parking. The only priority is returning student wanting to keep their same lot/garage and White Creek residents. That’s it. If waitlisted,no big deal… slots open up throughout the summer.

As for the commute to Rellis… if it’s an hour, it’s only because of the stops. The actual drive time is maybe 15 minutes from campus (may take a few minutes to get off campus from the MSC). But it’s straight up University Drive to Hwy 47 (where the med buildings are). There is little to no traffic to and from. To me, the bus is the safest way to go. They can study, sleep, rest, eat, chat, unwind, etc. Don’t have to worry about finding a spot on Rellis and losing a spot on TAMu campus. Hope that helps.

Definitely, the bus is the way to go and the kids quickly learn the bus routes and there is a transportation app so the kids can watch the bus coming/going in real time for all of the routes. Bus riding also takes planning. Due to the route and the number of stops and where those stops are located, if your stop is near the end, the bus can be full if you are not planning ahead to get to campus except a half hour ahead. They learn to navigate it all.

checking for a friend and haven’t been following this thread but does anyone know if Blinn-Brenham Engineering Academy is full yet? I know it is limited enrollment. He got Pathway options today but only wanted College Station. Was thinking this could be a good option if it is still available but hate to recommend it if it is already full.

As a clarification…I am aware that TEAB Pathway from TAMU is full but had thought I had seen an option to apply directly to Blinn-Brenham but space was very limited.

@AggieDreamin yes you apply directly to Brenham academy. There are only 100 spots. It’s such a great option/pathway!!!

@AggieDreamin Please have your friend apply to Blinn-Brenham immediately. It is probably Not full if prior years are any indication, but it is becoming a better known option all the time. Apply today and perhaps call Ms. Hermes on Monday to follow up there. You will easily find the application materials by googling TAMU Engineering Academies.

I’m top 44% with a 1280 SAT and got admission to pathways this morning!

FYI- it says that Blinn-Bryan is full, and that the only two options are McAllen and Galveston.

Can someone link me to a post with the differences between the two options? I would really appreciate it.

Good luck to everyone! Gig ‘em!

Congratulations, @lbtx150! There is a thread on Engineering at Galveston. Please read the posts there.
The McAllen engineering program is so new that I don’t believe we’ve received any feedback on it yet.

@lbtx150 at the top of the page for this thread for Admissions, it says Home / College Discussion / Colleges and Universities / Alphabetic List of Colleges / T / Texas A&M University. Click on Texas A&M University and you will see all of the different topics related to A&M. There is a thread on Engineering at Galveston and a Thread about the Engineering Academies and all other types of informative topics

The Galveston thread has slipped down quite a bit. Here’s a link:

http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/texas-m-university/2123914-class-of-2023-tamu-engineering-at-galveston-p1.html

Newest Engineering admission folks: Please, please study for the the Math Placement Exam (MPE) really well before you take it at your summer New Student Conference (NSC). Keep your grades as high as possible all the time for the Entry to a Major (ETAM) process coming up after a couple semesters.

Im just wondering that if I choose engineering at Galveston and decide after a semester there that Im not interested in engineering can I do business at galveston instead that first year and then transfer to Texas A&M college station mays business school. So in other words should I do the engineering academy at Galveston If Im not sure what major Im going to be doing cause I`m kind of in between engineering and business right now?

@sma1234 Please see some thoughts re your questions on
http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/texas-m-university/2123914-class-of-2023-tamu-engineering-at-galveston-p2.html

@sma1234 Galveston is not an engineering academy. It is full admission to Texas A&M. If you decide you do not like engineering you will have to apply for a change to your major just like if you where at CS. However, Galveston doesn’t offer all the classes that CS does. If you want to transfer to Mays you will have to have a pretty high GPA. You should talk to a Mays advisor on their requirements. One alternative is to look at the Industrial Distribution major in the Engineering department. Its kinda a combination of engineering technology and business. You will get exposed to all the engineering disciplines during your freshman year. But remember, the Galveston admission offer you received was for engineering major only. I don’t believe A&M offers Galveston option for any other major if you apply through CS. There are other majors offered on that campus related to Maritime studies, etc. Business is not one of them.

@trinley Oh ok. I PM you.