TAMU Class of 2023 - Engineering Admission Decisions

Congratulation @aggieca! Very exited for you and your son. Sadly no change here. Maybe next wave for us.

Congrats to your son. We will wait patiently…

I applied on October 17 and still haven’t received any update on the engineering review page… Is this a sign that I’ve been denied?

@confusedstudent9 No, it is not a sign you have been denied. The application deadline has not even passed. You also applied after the early decision deadline, which means, you will get your decision after the new year, and if you get it sooner, consider it a perk. Denials don’t come out until the very last, so there is quite a wait before those are released.

Seems like we should’ve heard something by now, but my son is still in Engineering review.

When did you apply: EARLY SEPTEMBER

When did you get your UIN:
When did you receive your admission decision:
OCTOBER 1ST
When did you receive your (engineering) admission decision: STILL IN REVIEW
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: AUTO ADMIT
Major/College of Choice: INDUSTRIAL DISTRIBUTION ENGINEERING
Class Rank: TOP 2%
SAT 1370 TOTAL (660 MATH, 710 WRITING & LANGUAGE

Is it weird we haven’t heard anything?
Thanks

@97Aggie It is not weird that you have not heard from A&M engineering. Early Decision is notified anytime between when applicants first learn their university decision to the day the university lets out for Winter Break in Dec. Early Decision applicants can also be deferred until January.

Thanks Thelma. I needed to hear that ???

@97Aggie this is the third year engineering applicants undergo holistic review. Last year, it was January 30 that was the last admissions offer date for full admissions and plenty had applied by the ED date. Who knows what the decision dates will be this year. There seemed to be a release of decision dates every 10 days in Jan and 2 release dates in December. Each year can vary, and all we have to go by is last year and trends of years past. Just when a trend seems to be made, it seems to undergo a switch up.

@Thelma2 That is very helpful. Thank you.

Still waiting :frowning: I am glad to hear of others in the same boat. Misery loves company! The waiting drives me nuts! My son really ONLY wants to go to TAMU or Blinn Bryan Eng Academy. I could only talk him into applying to one other school. So hard not to know whether to have him work on alternate major choices at TAMU or to begin casting a wider net for engineering schools. I just keep thinking life would be so much easier if we knew the decision and could move forward. His head is in the sand and he can’t imagine it not working out, but I struggle without back up plans! Sorry. Just venting. Let’s cross our fingers tomorrow is the day for us all!

@93Aggie I suspect your son will get a full offer of admission. Being top 10%, he will be offered Full admission or Blinn Engineering Academy. His SAT math score is low for the major but I have seen kids with that score be admitted. It really depends a lot on his overall calculus and physics readiness. Getting into Engineering isn’t the biggest hurdle. Staying in the program is.

Thank you for the encouraging words Thelma2. Hope you are correct!

when was the last round of engineering admits? Or have there been any yet?

here’s my son’s info:

When did you apply: 11/27
When did you get your UIN: 11/30
When did you receive your (engineering) admission decision: Waiting
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit?: Review Admit
Major/College of Choice: Engineering - Computer Science
Did you get in: waiting
Class Rank: 204/784
SAT (with Math Subscore): 1300 (Math:650 Reading:640)
GPA: unweighted:3.80 weighted:4.7
AP Classes: Physics, Computer Science, English, Econ, Government, History,
EC: Game Design Club, Summer job as QA and SW apprentice

What are his chances for admission?

I’m new here but I’ve been waiting (like most everyone else) to see what A&M decides for our son. A&M is his first choice but he’s already been accepted to Baylor, Texas Tech, UNT, and UH (all with university offered scholarships). We are anxious to hear from A&M and hope it’s with good news!

Here are his details:

When did you apply: 10/15/2018
When did you get your UIN: 10/18/2018
When did you receive your (engineering) admission decision: WAITING
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit?: Review
Major/College of Choice: Computer Engineering/Electrical Engineering
Did you get in: WAITING
Honors program: College & Career Readiness High School (will graduate with 2 year degree - AAS)
Class Rank: non-ranking school but A&M put in top 25%
ACT/SAT (with Math Subscore): 1350 (Math: 680/Reading 670)

He is also active with our local PTA and competes on the Academic Decathlon team. He has been a lifeguard for the past three summers and has been promoted three times. He is now a Supervisor for the company. He has done some volunteer work as well but had to balance that with college classes and AcaDec time commitments.

Do you think he has a decent chance?

When did you apply: 11/29 (Was already admitted to TAMU, I changed my major to engineering at the last second)
When did you receive your (engineering) admission decision: 12/7
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit?: Auto
Major/College of Choice: Computer Engineering CS
Did you get in: Yes
Honors program: Waiting, but probably not
Class Rank: 7/357
ACT/SAT (with Math Subscore): 1310 (700 Math, 610 RW. It’s so low since I only took it once and the fire alarm went off during it)
Other: Head section leader and french horn principal player for a top 5 current internationally recognized high school band. National Honor Society, National Science Honor Society, Secretary for Mu Alpha Theta, Texas Boys State and elected to the House of Representatives. Concurrently enrolled in a community college, earned 75 credits with a 4.0 GPA and will graduate with an associates in business before graduating high school. Founder of a video game club and volunteer for many church events. Submitted two letters of recommendation.

When did you apply:10/12
When did you get your UIN:10/15
When did you receive your admission decision: In review
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: Review
Major/College of Choice: Computer Science
Class Rank:51/245
SAT (with Sub Scores) 1310 (710 Math, 600 RW)
Other: 2 good recommendation letters (one from the computer science teacher), good essay, Varsity CC, Soccer and Track. Band for 3 years. UIL computer science. Worked as soccer referee. AP World History, AP Physics II, AP Calculus AB. Some dual credit history/economics classes.

I am dying to see if my son will get in. First, what are his chances for a full admit? Second, what are his chances of hearing a non deferred decision here in December.

When did you apply: 7/5/2018
When did you get your UIN: 7/8/2018
When did you receive your (engineering) admission decision: WAITING
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit?: Auto Admit
Major/College of Choice: Engineering/Mechanical
Did you get in: WAITING
Honors program: No
Class Rank: top 8 per cent
ACT/SAT (with Math Subscore): 1400 (Math: 720/Reading 680)

Not many ECs…Average essays…

Many posters are listing AP test scores. My child has taken 5 AP tests with 4s in English and US History.

I do not see any of the AP test scores on the Howdy portal. Does anyone else see the AP test scores on the Howdy Portal?

Can anyone comment on how much weight the essays and ECs receive for admission?

@rickywest, shouldn’t you already be admitted? That doesn’t seem right.

Waiting for admission to engineering.