TAMU Class of 2024 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

I felt a bit uncomfortable when I looked into the entry to a major process, aka some may not like the coffee I like. When there is essay questions and/or reviews involved, there’s always room for being subjective/favoritism whether or not we accept it. However, how many of us knew what we wanted to do/become when we were a sr? Imo, putting them all in ge is a good idea. This allows students to explore/learn more about the majors themselves. Some might already have been exposed due to parental history/summer internship/scout merit badges, etc. But I would think a significant number of students do not have a good solid idea about all the majors. It’s certainly not lottery. And with 80+% accepted to first choice, one should be ok if s/he does their part. If someone can’t get to the major due to performance, what good would it do if this individual started out in this major from the beginning? I bet s/he would not do as well as others and/or drop out/transfer.

Many recent posts seem to not like/agree with tamu’s way of handling things. While I can understand the frustration from endless waiting, I feel if they are “stringing”, they probably have a reason. Most likely they want to offer something but are not able to do just yet. I would think many already accepted applicants did get accepted to somewhere else and/or are waiting for something (better in their opinion, scholarship/aid or admission) before deciding on tamu’s offer. Unfortunately, these can drag until end of March, early May or even later. Tamu, and others, know this and do not want to send the rejections to certain group of applicants yet. It is what it is. Imo, the best thing to do is to move on with plan b, to a point that can still be reversed. If tamu’s whatever offer comes and works out, great. If not, move on with plan b.