TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

IF they weren’t given the option of waitlist, then they were not going to be admitted to TAMU. If you are given the option of waitlist, then you still have a chance. If you chose TEAM only, then you’ll hear soon (as it was last year at least).

1 Like

It doesn’t sound like UTD is under consideration, but just to clarify, their application deadline is May 1.

1 Like

Correct me if I am wrong, but @jsjskjksj made it sound like her daughter had not been given the 3 options last week but was offered Blinn Team today? Maybe she can clarify. Mine chose Blinn Team only when the options went out last week. Hoping to hear something soon.

My daughter also applied as soon as the application process opened. But she’s top 25% and not Auto.
She attended Ringling Summer Program and loved it. She got A’s in her classes and earned 3 credit hours. She chose not to apply there due to cost and issues changing major within Vizualization.
She applied to A&M, SCAD & UCF.
Hoping for both our girls!

we will look into it again just in case!!! thanks!

LOL, we also looked into Ringling and talked to them in depth. The guy told me honestly they are stingy with any scholarship money, so that is off the table! SCAD has offered some $, but waiting to see if more. UCF also no $ and prolly not an option. This is killing me! Good luck to yours!

FYI- I just spoke to a nice person from admissions. They told me, “ they are still deciding slots for engineering at College Station as well as other pathways.”

8 Likes

Where did they do their PSA? Major?

My son got the 3 choices yesterday for Engineering too. He picked Blinn. His portal now says “You are being considered for Texas A&M at Blinn.” This is Academy at Rellis in College Station, correct?? Just want to make sure it isn’t Brenham. I hope we didn’t pick the wrong thing!

We are getting so impatient here! This is our first time going through a college application process, so I am wondering if my son has a chance at acceptance. He completed his application very shortly after it opened up. His 1st and 2nd choice majors are Political Science and English both in Liberal Arts. He attends an Early College High School program and despite having a GPA of 97.98/100 he is ranked 72 out of about 110 students. He has 55 college hours earned at Texas A&M International University and is working on 7 more hours this semester. His college GPA is a 3.5. He has many EC and volunteer hours. I am worried he will not get admitted due to his class rank being in the 3rd quartile. Is anyone in a similar situation or can offer advice please?

Given what AggieMomhelp said (“IF they weren’t given the option of waitlist, then they were not going to be admitted to TAMU. If you are given the option of waitlist, then you still have a chance. If you chose TEAM only, then you’ll hear soon (as it was last year at least).”) are we to understand that anyone who did not get that Team/waitlist/both email will be rejected (including non-engineering applicants)?

Engineering was not given the option to waitlist.

My son’s status is showing same as well.

My son also applied as a biology major and still waiting. Hang on a little longer!

Yes, if you search Texas A&M Engineering at Blinn, there should be a page on Blinn’s website that should answer most of your questions. I believe it’s the same as Blinn teams but since it’s engineering they call it something different. I was given the same options and chose the same as your son.

1 Like

According to this, your son would only be eligible for full admit.

Dual Credit and Early College High Schools

College coursework completed prior to high school graduation

1 Like

thank you!

Can you PM me? I can’t find that option on here. @AggieMomhelp

1 Like

Exactly my question as well.

Yes. My son’s portal has not changed a bit. When did your son apply