TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

He applied Oct 10th

My son applied LA, History and 2nd Q ranking and has not heard back yet as well. Daughter applied in 2016 1st Q ranking, got her decision in Feb. she was gateway, Just graduated with her EDU degree this December!

2 Likes

Me and your son likely will probably find out our own decision around the same time, I also have a 2nd Q Ranking and I applied for International Studies in LA so it will likely be a bit of a wait until Feb for a decision. Best of luck to your son and congratulations to your daughter as well!

1 Like

Yes! Good luck to you as well!

1 Like

Definitely not what I meant. If you are given blinn team then that is your decision. If you are given options then that is your decision to make. If you have not received a decision it means you don’t have a decision yet. Does not mean you won’t be admitted or be offered another pathway.

1 Like

Yikes that is a lot of college credit. Honestly surprised that he hasn’t received full admit. At this point if he doesn’t get in, you’ll need a good back up plan. The more credits you have, the more limitations you have. Many majors at Tamu will not let you transfer in with more than 60-70 credits. You have to do 45 at Tamu to get your ring (as a transfer).

Check the transfer requirements to be sure where you stand for straight transfer just in case you don’t get the answer you want.

I checked. Political science has 60 max credits allowed for transfer.

We had verified with both his high school counselor and admissions counselor and they both stated that all Early College High School students go in and apply as freshmen and not transfer students regardless of amount of hours accumulated. I am very worried about his class rank/quartile affecting him for full admit since he does not qualify for other types of admit.

Oh for sure he applies now as freshman. I’m just saying if he doesn’t get in as a freshman he will have a hard time transferring into Tamu with 62 credits. Pols is 60 max college credit. Now if any of those are AP then you just don’t accept those credits.

But again, I’m surprised he hasn’t received full admit with the type of school and that many credits. Yes ranking isn’t good but grades look good. Did he have anything else to go with it to make him stand out?

Ours just changed to TEAM on Howdy but still has 3 tabs and cannot log into AIS because it says is unavailable??? Howdy has said ECON all day until now.
Active Applications:
Texas A&M University - Fall 2021

Application Status: Under Review Level : Undergraduate Major: TEAM Program: BAC-TEAM Location: College Station

3 Likes

I believe AIS is under maintenance…At least that’s what mine says

For Engineering, I chose Blinn a few days ago when it came up in AIS. On howdy my program changed changed from CECN to TEAB and my program to BAC-TEAM-EB. Anyone know what EB is?

2 Likes

whoops I meant major for CECN

I was told yesterday that changing majors was not an option once you are given the three choices for engineering (unless a fourth choice, change your major, is given). So we went ahead and selected the Blinn option for which he is now under consideration. Now my question is, after reading the great post by @RealityCheck13 … if my son is at Blinn and decides Engineering is not for him, what then? Can he change majors and still have that path into A&M.

1 Like

mine too. hopefully they’re updating our kids info to " admitted" wishful thinking.

1 Like

Ooh that is a great question. But the answer is no. You can only come in with engineering through ETaM if you’re doing blinn academy.

Great news is you can change major and apply to transfer. Check the transfer requirements and once those are met, you can apply. Sometimes you can apply before completing if you are close. But then they defer for spring grades before making decision.

One thing I stressed to my own kiddos… you are never trapped. There is always a way out if you change your mind. Have an exit type strategy.

3 Likes

Honestly I don’t know why it’s TEAB. But definitely blinn academy. Congrats!!!

Edited to say… Texas A&M engineering at Blinn!!!

1 Like

What does BAC mean on BAC-TEAM?

This is my first time on this forum and as I have been reading your messages I find encouragement that this is a typical wait for non auto-admits. This is rather a new experience for us with a freshman applicant. We have a daughter at TAMU that started this Spring and her application was a 2 week turnaround as a transfer. Daughter number 2 made a last minute decision to apply for Fall 2021 and submitted her app 12/14, she is a homeschooler with 38 DC hours, currently taking 18 DC. We know she is capped at 60 transfer hours. Her gpa is 3.84 and TAMU gave her a class ranking of 1st quarter. Her 1st major choice is Anthropology, minor in Museum studies. These are two very different experiences. Any thoughts on how competitive the Anthropology program may be? We are trying to determine if we should apply to TAMUG as they offer many of the courses she will need and then transfer to CS. Is this really a viable path?

Congratulations! Can you post your stats?

It’s working fine now. Still the same. No change.