TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

does tamu consider 2nd choice majors

Did she get it today?

We are still in the same boat. No change since we applied. Still under review.

First thing this morning. It’s my understanding that Howdy updates early in the morning. AIS is more variable, I think.

Howdy, y’all! I just got my financial aid award letter and I was looking through it with my parents and was pretty surprised at how much housing/meals were. My housing/meals come out to about $11,000.00… I’m pretty surprised at that because of how well known A&M is for having cheap housing costs. I was wondering if this is normal or if I should contact the financial aid office? Thank you!

same here…

That is cheap compared to many colleges these days.

2 Likes

When did you apply: Early October
Class Rank: N/A
SAT (with Sub Scores) 1380, 640 English, 730 Math
When did you receive your admission decision: last week of January
Are you an Auto-admit or Review Admit: Review Admit
Major/College of Choice: Computer Engineering

1 Like

I think so.

1 Like

It could take a day or two. Last week some took 4 days to change.

The most expensive dorms are about $3-4k a semester. Living on campus requires a meal plan which is around $1500 I think per semester unless it’s gone up. You can buy the cheapest on campus plan and go from there.

There are much cheaper dorms. Go to residence life on Tamu. It’ll break it all down.

I recently found out that students at Rellis can purchase sports passes also. I dont know how I feel about that considering demand from Aggies alone.

Full admit to college station? Congratulations

Oh ok thank you. Cstat?

@elpsycongroo21 that sounds about right. You can look at the individual dorm prices on ResLife website. Just remember that Dining Plan is required for all freshman living on campus…and Dining Plan isn’t cheap.

Hey do you mean team and teab at rellis or just rellis students? Because they aren’t Aggies at rellis. They are either blinn or part of a systems school. So that would surprise me.

Okay I just googled. Not all rellis students. They have to be junior or senior level. That makes some sense. Gives them that college sports feeling they would be lacking.

I get that it helps attract students to the regional universities but when there aren’t enough tickets for Aggies… Hopefully they pull last after freshman. BTW I think the Rellis program is awesome for students who go to Blinn and can’t transfer into A&M. My friend’s son is at Rellis Corpus Christi.

2 Likes

Ours took about 2 weeks :frowning:

Anyone know if condos near A&M are good? I saw several on line look pretty nice and much cheaper than dorm.

As others have mentioned, dorm rates are all over the place - anywhere from $2100/semester to $6100/semester. With the minimum dining plan ($1400/semester, 100 meals, $300 dining dollars), living in the dorm could cost $7000 to $15000 a year, which includes utilities and some food, not parking.

This is a great summary table, but there is also White Creek Apartments (also considered on campus housing, $1350 dining dollars/semester required)

https://reslife.tamu.edu/apply/rates/

But yes, there are lots of apartment options, typically cheaper as you go out. Utilities and parking may be extra and typically a 12 month lease. Google reviews can be all over the place yet helpful. There are aggie facebook groups where you can learn of others experiences with off campus living. For example, most love Park West, but there are complaints too.

If anything, there are too many options to chose from! Have fun with it!