TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

I know! D21 also was awarded the Presidential Endowed and the Maroon Merit, so with the OOS waiver, it covers a little more than full tuition!! Excited for her. Now, her decision has gotten tougher.

4 Likes

To be honest, I don’t recall. If there was an option to consider Gateway, then yes, we’d have checked it. I do understand that it’s not a thing you can request; TAMU offers it or not. We were very grateful to have the option.

1 Like

D21 needed the OOS waiver to justify attending. TAMU was at the top of her list but it just doesn’t work financially. Sigh. Looks like we’ll be releasing her spot in engineering.

@amsunshine, I tried to message you but your profile is hidden. Can you message me? I wanted to encourage you/your daughter towards TAMU! They treat their National Merits very well. I don’t know where else she is considering but tell her that ChillyCow says she needs to come to Texas and be an Aggie! :slight_smile: My daughter has several National Merit friends from OOS and they all love it in Aggieland.

3 Likes

Is there a penalty for accepting grants/loans/any type of finaid before you’re 100% sure about enrollment?

I changed my profile to public and PM’d you. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

The ability to join the corps is the main reason my son is interested in Blinn Team. Congrats!

2 Likes

If I choose to go the full Blinn route, is there still a way to buy a student tickets for the games?

@morr33 Blinn TEAM are full fledged A&M students, which of course includes sports pass. Straight Blinn CC students do not have access to anything like sports, Rec Center, dorms, etc at A&M.
Blinn Brenham campus does have sports teams.

1 Like

We were notified today of a change in my daughters Financial Aid portal - we were all excited … opened it up, and we were offered a bunch of loans, no scholarships :frowning_face:

2 Likes

Does anyone know how long it takes to get the banner in the mail? My daughter just got Blinn TEAM offer today. She is so excited and wants to be able to take her picture with the banner!!!

2 Likes

@agwants2banaggie banner can take several weeks

1 Like

You can’t purchase a ticket but a TAMU student can purchase a guest ticket for you to go with them.

During normal times. I don’t know what the stadium capacity will be this fall.

So, did anyone get offers other than Blinn Team today, or do they do different offers at different times? Does anyone know of anyone who has heard that they weren’t getting in yet! Or are those at the very end? Just trying to figure out the algorithm… if there even is one. TIA.

1 Like

Thank you! I’m sure she will patiently (lol) wait for her banner!

2 Likes

Awesome, Thank you for your response. Do you know if they can purchase one every game and I just pay them for it?

Thanks so much for that reply. The more I think about it the more I, too, believe it will be better for my son in the long run. Now I just wait until he receives the news in the mail. I don’t want to spoil it by telling him about it.

Will AIS actually say accepted or something? It still says on Review but the major has changed to Blinn TEAM

@morr33 not necessarily. Depends on the game-big SEC games are usually sell outs (non conference games easier to get passes to), also depends if the student is a senior or freshman (freshman pull tickets last). Lastly, if the season is anything like this past fall…sure hope not🤞🏼…tickets were super limited.

1 Like