TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Texas A&M Engineering at Blinn FAQs | Blinn College

My daughter’s AIS portal still states, " You have been placed on the Waitlist and are being considered for TEAM." However, her major has changed to Blinn Team and she has 6 tabs on Howdy. We hope this means a Blinn acceptance :crossed_fingers: Does this mean she’s no longer on the full admission waitlist? We’re super happy with a Blinn acceptance after a very tough application season.

1 Like

Congrats, but you have not been paying attention, lol. All of these programs are direct pathways to TAMU. One year at the respective campus and then you do the whole ETAM process for sophomore year where you will be on CSTAT campus only.

As another mentioned, Blinn is dual enrollment, the other two are not. You’ll take up to 6 credits at tamu and the rest at Blinn Rellis campus (15 minutes away tops from tamu campus). You can live on tamu campus, meal plan, sports pass, and everything else that is Aggie, because you are an Aggie. Congrats!!!

@WantabeAg What were her stats?

@idekanymore0926 Were you given the 3 options and chose McAllen? Do you live near McAllen?

2 Likes

Public STEM High School
3.75 on 4.0
Non-ranking school: A&M Rank 1st Q
No test scores due to test unavailability in our area
NO HONORS OR AP CLASSES offered at this school
School Ambassador
First Robotics Competition (FRC)4 years, World qualifiers 3 years, chairman’s award finalist
Lego Robotics Team Mentor
Robotics Camp Counselor 4 years
over 400 hours of local community service with different organizations over high school career

1 Like

Can you share your sons stats pls. We are still awaiting since October liberal arts

Top 11%
4.4 weighed gpa
STAMP program
Band 2 yrs
TSI 4 yrs

Thank you for your response! Maybe I worded that a little wrong. I’m just thinking since he got fully excepted into his engineering program choice at U of H then he wouldn’t have to worry about reapplying for his chosen major later on after the hours are completed with TAMU. But, he does want to be an Aggie!

1 Like

Huge congrats!

1 Like

Does TEAB get a banner? Asking for mom.

2 Likes

I’d like to know
too!:blush:

TEAB, TEAM and Gateway get banners. Banners can take several weeks to arrive.

(But if you go to Galveston campus, I think the banner is slightly different-says Sea Aggies, something like that. Not sure what a McAllen banner looks like?)

PSA would not get A&M banner.

If you do the Engineering at Galveston program you get the College Station style Banner

1 Like

“Aggies By The Sea” is what theirs says. My friend’s daughter got a small box
of swag along with the banner…towel, lanyard and stickers etc!

2 Likes

I found this on another thread, and I think it’s interesting how many colleges have March (or later) as their notification date. It provides perspective. What it doesn’t do is comfort people who are still waiting. TAMU’s rolling admission can be a blessing and a curse. The shoo-in candidates heard back within weeks, while others have waited over six months without a hard and fast notification date to work with.

I have heard anecdotally that schools are looking more heavily at GPA since going test optional. I know of several students last year and this year (since TAMU went test option) who had lots of ECs but less than a 4.0 and they were some of the ones who stayed in review the longest. I don’t think that’s across the board - there are exceptions, but I’ve heard this enough that it makes me believe what I’ve heard about GPA being extra important these days.

They said that scores would only help, not hurt.

My daughter got 6 tabs and her major changed to Blinn Team this morning! She applied early November, offered options on Jan. 27th (selected both Waitlist and Blinn Team) and her first choice major was education. Praying for everyone that is still waiting!!

3 Likes

Today I was offered Engineering at Galveston, McAllen and Blinn!!! I think I will choose Blinn. Do you guys know if I can join the Corps with Blinn?

3 Likes

Congrats! My son got the 6 tabs this morning too!! His AIS homepage says Blinn Team for his major as well. We are sooooo excited. Can’t wait to finally start this journey👍 He applied in October and got the offer for Blinn Team or waitlist January 19th and we chose both. His major is chemstry. Don’t lose faith! I was at my wits end with the waiting. WHOOP!!

5 Likes