TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Just asked her. Still nothing. It took forever for her to be assigned a rank but I still thought we’d hear by now.

You should NOT feel like a failure as a parent! I believe that this should ideally be a student driven and independent process. I sometimes feel like a failure because I am on the other end of the spectrum. I had to hold his hand (and not so gently prod) him to do everything every step of the way. It is different for all families and none of us are failures! We have to be kind to ourselves. In the long run, it sounds like your daughter will be an independent adult able to handle all her own needs. That is something to be very proud of (for both her and yourself). I assure you, my son will not be in that place when starting college!

5 Likes

Don’t feel like a failure. Most of us only got access to AIS so that we could monitor their kids admission. For me, all I’ve really done is being her project manager in reminding her when things are due.

YOU ARE FINE!

2 Likes

I couldn’t agree more with the previous replies. You’re not a failure, and it sounds like you’ve been preparing her to fly solo since she was doing elementary science fairs! She’s got this.

As far as no news=bad news, people who were fearing the worst 24 hrs ago woke up to acceptances this morning. It’s excruciating and feels impossible at some moments, but hang in there!

2 Likes

Just spoke with Admissions, they said the next batch will be out on Tuesday with limited number of full admits and the remainder of team, the following week will be PSA and all decisions released within the next 2 weeks.

14 Likes

Our stats are very similar. We received same offer and a few week later she got TEAM. Hang in there, I bet it is coming. You could also call admissions counselor. They actually looked at my daughter’s file when I called and reassured me to just be patient.

Thanks for calling. Great to hear more definitive news, hope it’s true.

1 Like

Thank you!!!

Thank you so much for letting us know!

Hello all! Highschool senior here who applied late November (ik late) and got the option for Blinn team or Waitlist list late January and choose to be considered for both. Since then its been crickets. I choose a Construction Science major through the School of Architecture, which I’ve heard is just behind engineering and business in competitiveness. Im somewhat of a pessimist so at this point the best I’m expecting is Blinn Team but preparing to attend Blinn College and then transfer if it comes to it. Just wondering if anyone in same boat major wise and stats wise:
-3.82/4.00 , 4.77/5.00 weighted gpa
-32 ACT
-2nd quarter rank
-11 AP’s
-4 years of Latin
-NHS, and AV Club, FB unit leader, with service hours through church and VBS
-wrote good essays about topics unique to me
(also thoughts on higher GPA in easier classes being valued over lower GPA in harder course load?)

1 Like

Would you mind sharing her stats?

Any scholarship?

Anyone has got full-tuition scholarship or full-ride, please share.

Is it good idea to use room mate search in phase 2?

1 Like

I got some merit based scholarships from OU, OSU and Arkansas but none from A&M if that’s what you mean

Hello, I was trying to sign up for the New student conference and had a question. So there was a date available for august 24-25 but isn’t that after college starts? Do we need to go to NSC before college? Also, what do we do in NSC?

@DEATHSLAMS you definitely don’t want the last NSC session. NSC = New Student Conference. At NSC, you register for fall classes, meet with Advisor, take the Math Placement Exam (depending on major), there are separate parent/student sessions -highly recommend at least one parent attending. If you’re out of town, make hotel reservations for 1-2 nights, depending on how far away you live. Make them NOW, as everything fills up.
Even mid July NSC is fine-new class sections are opened at every NSC, so don’t think you HAVE to go in early June. But I definitely would advise against the August NSC.

1 Like

Oh really, I totally did not take that into consideration. Thanks for the help!

1 Like

@DEATHSLAMS hopefully it’ll be in person NSC🤞🏼 Even if it isn’t, you still don’t want the August session-too late. (Obviously you won’t need hotel if it’s virtual, but to be safe, I would book a room anyway, make sure to get one that allows you to cancel 24-48 hours prior to stay).

2 Likes

@FeiXing the Brockman Scholarship was a true full ride scholarship, however Mr. Brockman is in trouble with the government, so that scholarship isn’t offered any longer (to incoming students).
National Merit Scholars, Finalist & Semi-Finalist are guaranteed a scholarship (tho not full ride).
The link below is a list of A&M scholarships. A&M is known for not giving out many scholarships, they don’t match scholarship offers from other schools and scholarships aren’t stacked.

https://scholarships.tamu.edu/FRESHMEN/University-Scholarships#2-NationalScholars