TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Fascinating data. I thought Tarleton would be more popular than Commerce but the fact that Commerce is commutable from many parts of the Metroplex that makes sense that it’s equally popular as Tarleton. With so many Houston area students interested in A&M and Corpus’s nice location, TAMUCC dominates. It seems that it’s best to be at one of the three top feeders. It helps to have critical mass but those are also closer to College Station than West Texas and the Valley. 51%-55% of the PSA students at CC, Tarleton and Commerce transfer to CS.

TAMUCC’s stats bear out that they would prefer incoming students with some transferrable credits and their Alternative Admission program program brings in a lot of students but they don’t do as well as regularly admitted CC students. Overall, the regularly admitted CC students perform as well as the PSA students that decide to remain an Islander.

My nephew has committed to TAMUG for his ETAM. Given that it’s a one year program, the % going to CS is likely high. Obviously some will enroll in a major other than engineering. It took me three years to switch out of engineering and into finance. Others are smarter…finishing in engr or switching earlier. :smile:

1 Like

Does anyone know when the final rounds of TEAM are? And when PSA comes out, I have heard April will be final decisions but I’m not sure.

@Futur3aggiehope read back, I think from Friday, and someone mentioned speaking to Admissions.
You want Business, correct? Be careful if you’re offered PSA, because I don’t believe there is a track for Business.
Pure speculation-but since on campus Housing is already at temp/overflow status, doesn’t seem like there will be too many more TEAM/Gateway offers. I could be wrong, but sure seems like the next wave will be PSA.

Here is hoping that this is the week that so many of y’all have been waiting for…to be PUT OUT OF YOUR MISERY and HAVE SOME ANSWERS!

15 Likes

Do you know how full housing usually is at this point?

@txmomuv2 several have mentioned Housing is now listed as Temporary/Overflow. That means you’re at least able to still pay Housing deposit, but you’ll be at the very end of selection, and most likely all rooms will be taken. In August, you’ll have a spot on campus, but it could be in a study lounge, or other similar type situation. Once everyone checks in, they get a final head count to see what beds are available, you’ll be placed wherever there is an open bed. You won’t get to select your room, but you are guaranteed to be somewhere on campus.

I understand what overflow is. You mentioned that you didn’t think there were many TEAM/Gateway offers coming due to the fact that housing is filled. I was wondering what the status of housing usually is at this point that makes you speculate that.

@txmomuv2 just purely speculation on my part. I know they try to offer Housing to those that want it.
Housing phase 3 opens up today, and Housing status went to temp/overflow last week. Just seems like things are ramping up.
Just my $.02…I could be way off base.

1 Like

Definitely not sounds good for a freshman student.

1 Like

@FeiXing it definitely isn’t encouraging, for those incoming students who still don’t have an admissions decision, that wanted to live on campus.
Good news is, there is PLENTY of off campus housing (condos, apartments, houses, etc) available.

3 Likes

I agree with @52ag82 that things seem to be winding down for admissions aside from waitlist people getting a decision. I do however think housing is like this every year. There are always those that will get an overflow assignment. I was that kid back in 1989. They put me in a commons dorm (Krueger) with 2 other girls. Those rooms are tiny y’all. We made do for 2 weeks and then I moved into a modular by sbisa. My roomie there dropped out of school that Fall so I had the entire dorm to myself by the Spring lol. AND my RA was my fish camp counselor. Like what are the odds. SO suffice it to say, it always works out. You can’t plan for it, because you can’t really control it. It’s been like this forever. TAMU knows what it’s doing. AND if housing is totally full, there are cheaper student only housing options at Park West, Calloway, Calloway Village, Aspire, The Rise, The Stacks, etc. These are literally on the edge of campus. Like throw a rock from apartment to TAMU building and hit it.

3 Likes

My first year at A&M (1991) if you didn’t apply for housing by the end of March (keep in mind applications weren’t due until March 1st) you weren’t going to get on campus housing. I lived in the University Tower (boy was that fun…its not there anymore) and it was pretty awesome.

1 Like

My daughters change major button has disappeared. Only the withdraw application button remains… @AggieMomhelp - this is not good new for her for CS right? She still her whoop, you’ve been admitted on her Galveston app but the change major disappeared on her College Station application on manage application.

I lived in University Tower my freshman year (1991) too! Wonder if we know each other. If I remember correctly didn’t your daughter get Gateway? Mine did too. We should get them together.

HAHA! Indeed! HOW FUNNY?!?!?!

Awe… typically when the change of major button disappears, PSA follows.

Galveston is a great way to get to cstat though and it’s a fun campus!! What’s her major?

At Galveston it will be Oceans & One Health- at College Station it was Kinesiology. Not sure what she will decide to do with good offers from her other schools. She really thought she would get in with getting into UT, Clemson, UW Madison and U of MN. But it will all work out in the end!

2 Likes

Still have change major button
Still Showing Mays & Econ
Still In Review

:grin::pray:t4:

9 Likes

Same here…waiting…

3 Likes

My change Major button disappeared as well. I have been “application complete and in review”since October 30. I wonder what it means? Glad to finally see a change. I’ll keep y’all posted.

2 Likes