TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Yes there are around 6 or 8 academies that give you the same access to Engineering courses at tamu (via zoom or a professor comes to the campus depending on location) and you go through the whole ETAM process just like everyone else. The requirements are probably the same regarding gpa as Blinn TEAB, but I would need to dive into that a little more.

These academies are ones you apply directly to, they are not offered as a pathway and there is limited seating.

Here’s a link with more info.

4 Likes

I just saw on the TAMU Eng FB page that someone was called and moved from TEAB to full admission. I wonder if there will be more people pulled from TEAM or PSA as the May 1st deadline approaches/passes.

1 Like

This happened last year too! I sure hope so!!!

3 Likes

Hi there. Just wanted to let you know I just submitted my appeal and now I have to do more waiting… should hear back by may 15!

5 Likes

@gracesebesta good for you! I’m betting you hear back before May 15. Fingers crossed for a great appeal decision! :crossed_fingers:t3::crossed_fingers:t3:

1 Like

Same here! I hope we get good news soon!

2 Likes

good luck!!

2 Likes

I think some full admit TAMU engineering spots opened up. I got a call from the TAMU admissions office earlier today (thought it was weird they’d call but the number checked out on the website) saying that instead of doing the Tamu engineering at Blinn option I opted in for, that I could go straight to TAMU in the fall if I so choose, to which I accepted. For any others in the TAMU engineering at Blinn program that are curious if they will get the same offer, at the time of admission I had a 5.11 gpa, 10.57% of my class, 1290 sat, almost all AP courses and 4 year sport.

11 Likes

Congrats. So excited for you!!!

1 Like

My son received the same phone call yesterday afternoon. Congratulations!!!

8 Likes

So excited for those that got a call!!!

Question @AggieMomhelp …last year were just Engineering students called and moved from Blinn Team to full admit or did this occur with other majors/schools as well?

I can’t swear to it without looking back, but I believe there were some team students that also got the call to move to full admit.

Go to the thread for 2024 in April. There probably aren’t that many posts to sort through. I’m out this weekend but can look on Monday if you can’t find it.

Similar situation for my daughter. She applied the first day of early applications (August). She got waitlisted in January, and PSA on 4/2. Her application was reviewed on 4/2 at 3 AM.
GPA 3.9 Weighted GPA 6.3
Extracurriculars
Girl Scouts
1st quarter of her class

Doesn’t make sense.

I believe taking the waitlist offer hurt them. I still wonder if we should have taken team only option. Four years ago, team was still seen as “less than” and a lot of people turned it down. Probably more accepted it than expected this year. Especially since it went test optional and a lot of people who previously thought they had no chance applied.

Wow congrats.

how do you join the High School Class of 2021 group on here?

LIke a generic Class of 2021 for all universities?

yeah

The one for students only, it appears you go to the forum and ask to join.

I had 2 sons who have wanted their whole lives to be Aggies. They both were offered PSA and they both accepted it. After 1 year, they were guaranteed admission to A&M. One has graduated and bleeds maroon like he always intended to. The other is a Jr and is ordering his ring. Waiting a year did not take the desire away and they are as much Aggies as anyone else. If you truly want to be an Aggie more than anything, find your path there.:heartpulse:

2 Likes