TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

@P2KMama @AggieMomhelp My daughter was admitted to BIMS (auto admit, accepted 9/22) However, she has since changed her major to Nutrition, which is College of Agriculture.

Yes, sorry… I was referring to review admits. Auto admits have to get placed and typically get first choice if they apply early (different for engineering). Review admits in the past two cycles were all but the last to hear. It’s a great program but very competitive.

@ChillyCow

Wow thats great! Congratulations , Hopefully I can get in too!

@tmclanton
Congratulations ! Those are impressive stats!

@tmclanton, ugh for you! I can’t believe you haven’t told him yet. You are made of something I’m not. I had to break down and say, “A lot of the parents on College Confidential are saying their review admits are getting acceptances now. Have you checked your portal lately?”

Hi all,

This forum has been so helpful I thought I would share in case Ds info helps someone else. She received 6 tabs yesterday and has her acceptance letter today. She is OOS, so review admit, for BIMS. She submitted her app 8/22 TO. We were ready for a long wait in to Feb/Mar given last year’s thread on BIMS plus test optional. We live in CA and all 7 of the tests she signed up for have been cancelled so she made the choice to just go for it.

My son was admitted to BIMS yesterday. Gotta say, the wait is AGONIZING and we are still waiting on all of his other applications.

My older son (sophomore) heard in October as well, but his bestie did not hear until MARCH!!! OMG

@Momof3B I guess at this point, waiting a few days probably won’t matter, but I would advise that he hit submit ASAP. Test scores usually take a couple weeks to get processed after being sent to colleges anyways. It’s really best to get his application going as early as possible. Best of luck!!!

My Sons status changed from aerospace to general and 3 tabs changed to 6. however still says under review.

When did you apply: sept 24
Class Rank: 1/100ish yep small school
SAT subject test math level 2 800
Chemistry 800
ACT 35
When did you receive your admission decision: 10/7 (at least the change in status)
Are you an Auto-admit or Review Admit: Review
Major/College of Choice: Engineering

Very Thankful for all the comments.

@Swammom - Congratulations! That is awesome - I am sure she is very excited!

can someone chance me.
When did you apply: 9/29 (Thats when I submitted my apply texas))
Class Rank: Top 29%
Weighted Gpa: 4.04 Unweighted 3.33
SAT: Not submitting until I take one December or November
Are you an Auto-admit or Review Admit: Review
Major/College of Choice: Engineering
AP classes: 13, Highest Math is BC calc.
EC: Debate: Varsity team, got a state qualification, leadership. Robotics: state and world competitions. National Beta club: Secratary, and state competition. Had a research internship for engineering. In Band as a squad leader.

My rank is low, but my essay and Ec’s might be able to boost my chances? Will my chances boost if I got a good SAT score?

I am about to sign my son up for NSC (still do not have the dang banner, so I am moving forward so that we get a relatively early date and can secure the hotel room.)
Can someone tell me if any of the following dates are also for engineering majors? My son is currently business, but if he changes to Engineering, I would like to keep the same dates.
6/3-6/5
6/15-6/16
6/16-6/17
6/22-6/23

Thank you!

I spoke with my son and his college counselor yesterday and his TAMU & UT apps will be submitted Saturday!

The rest of his schools he’s already an assured admit so I’m not too concerned about those but TAMU is the number one choice and the app he’s been working the hardest on/perfecting.

I’ll make my “official” post this weekend…then the waiting begins!

@tmclanton Yes, engineering majors can do any of the June NSC dates. Here’s where I found the info: https://newaggie.tamu.edu/freshmen/nscdates/

I’ve always heard that it’s best the do the earliest NSC that you can, since they will register for classes at that time.

FOR NSC, classes will continue to open up from May to last NSC in late July early August. The advisors know what classes are needed for each major. They make a suggestion etc. on what you should take and even lay out somewhat of a schedule. With Covid all of that got switched a bit, so who knows how it plays out for 2021. BUT, do not stress about getting your classes. IT always works out. Freshmen may not get the best time slots, but they’ll get classes they need, electives, etc.

@sapphire33 Thank you! I had been monitoring that page. I am glad they are all now listed.

Anyone have any insight as to when we might see some decisions coming from the College of Agriculture?

@sapphire33 I’m assuming Allied Health falls in the Education College, right? I want to make sure my daughter signs up for the right NSC.

Has anyone seen a student outside the top 25% of their class accepted this early? Doing some research on past years, it appears that barring a major unique qualifier, National Merit Scholar for example, applicants outside of the top 25% do not see acceptance letters until January or later. My guess is they don’t look past the top 25% until after the December 1 application deadline when they then have the full roster of applicants to rank.

Does anyone else have this impression that the top 25% of their class is a hard cutoff for early rounds of acceptance notifications?

My student is sitting at 28% in his class with an ACT of 32, and even though he applied in early August, I am thinking he won’t find out anything until next year.

@Wendellnsherri @mcp2003 is 2nd Q and was accepted. See post 431.