TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

@sapphire33 congrats! That is exciting. Sadly, we are still waiting… I am so impatient!

what were his stats?

@ChillyCow what were his stats, and when did he apply??

@DEATHSLAMS
When did you apply: August 18
Class Rank: 1/1 (Homeschool)
SAT (with Sub Scores) 1430 730 Math/700ERBW
ACT (with Sub Scores)
When did you receive your admission decision: September 29
Are you an Auto-admit or Review Admit: Review
Major/College of Choice: Engineering

So, this morning my daughter’s AIS says, Major- General Engineering, College- EN, Location- College Station. The Howdy Portal Changed yesterday afternoon to Major- ENGE, Program- BAC-ENGE-BM. No engineering acceptance letter under the My Communications->My Letters yet, only freshman admit letter. Looks only one part of the portal/AIS is changing/updating every day? May have to wait till tomorrow to see the Engineering acceptance letter on AIS.

@DEATHSLAMS
When did you apply: August 12
Class Rank: 25/706
SAT (with Sub Scores)1520
ACT (with Sub Scores)34
When did you receive your admission decision: September 22
Are you an Auto-admit or Review Admit: Auto-admit
Major/College of Choice: Mays

He was accepted into Mays on September 22. We are just waiting or the banner to come in the mail… more than 2 weeks now!

Good morning! My daughters AIS updated this morning from UNEN to this:
General Engineering EN BAC College Station.

Under Manage Applications it now says:
ENGE Program: BAC-ENGE-AR Location: College Station

There is nothing additional under My Communications from Engineering and Unofficial Transcript still says Engineering Review. Is she in and the other stuff just hasn’t updated yet? @Momof0ne I think we are in the same boat

Sounds like the School of Engineering are going through their admissions now since the deadline for priority decisions is on the 15th of this month.

Have any other colleges done any admissions yet?

Well… my daughter already graduated TAMU and my son is a Junior at TAMU, so I’m ready for coffee. lol

Is this your oldest applying to TAMU?

It seems like BIMS is almost the last to be admitted. Not sure why since “they” say major doesn’t matter (except for Engineering). But the last 2 years at least, BIMS found out in Jan/Feb timeframe if I’m remembering correctly.

As for other majors… if you’re a review admit and you’ve already been accepted, that is amazing. I’m going to assume doing away with the Academic admit acceptance has opened admissions to let more “bubble” candidates in earlier. I still think meeting the criteria for academic admits will still get you accepted though, just not a guarantee. That’s my opinion only.

@tinark213 I think the portal is not updating everything at the same time. For my daughter, Howdy changed yesterday and AIS changed today from UNEN to ENGE. For the Original freshman admission AIS changed first (10/1) and Howdy changed the next day (10/2). Also, looks like it depends on when you put in your application. My daughter submitted hers last Monday (9/28) almost at the end of business day. When did your daughter apply?

@Momof0ne She applied on 8/3 and was auto admit although her test scores were not great which I hope is encouraging for some. For original freshman admission, she had 6 tabs for what seemed like an eternity until her AIS updated to “Congratulations” on Sept 22nd. I noticed the change from UNEN to ENGE today, but it may have switched yesterday.

@tinark213, my daughter just told me that she got the email from TAMU about her acceptance into College of engineering. So probably your daughter will also get something very soon! Good luck!

@Momof0ne my daughter just called me as well! Congratulations to you!! Happy day!

@AggieMomhelp My oldest is at UNT. She got into A&M, but they didn’t have her major and she’s a townie so she wanted to go away. My youngest just got accepted to A&M and it’s his first choice.

So I have purposefully been avoiding this thread until my S21 gets his application submitted, my anxiety is out of control these days lol, but I finally decided to peek in today! Because of all the cancelled SAT dates, he was fully preparing to apply test optional, but the college counselor we’re working with really wanted him to have a test score to submit. He was miraculously able to take the SAT on Sept 26 and scores will be in this Friday!! His application is ready to go, just waiting to see that test score and then he’ll hit the submit button this Friday/Saturday!!! His school is holding the SAT on Oct 27th and he’s signed up for that one as well. I’m going to hold off on officially posting his stats and profile here until he’s submitted.

Have their been any Review Admits that went TO and got accepted in this thread yet?!?

1 Like

My daughter received her acceptance on 9/22/20 with BIMS major as PreVet. She received her banner and official letter on 9/28/20. She was an auto admit. Hang in there.

@Momof3B Welcome back! Praying for all of us review admits to hear something soon!

Anyone’s DS/DD take the ACT Sept 19? If so, and you automatically sent scores, did they show up in AIS yet? My son received his score last week, but it does not show up in AIS though ACT says that Tamu already “extracted” his score (ie they have them). Waiting and wondering…

@Momof3B your student should submit app now asap. No reason to wait till scores as that is an optional item. Depending on his majors, many are rolling admissions and some majors have a max and they will review based when the app status is COMPLETE. It takes awhile for things to all line up and get completed. The score will be included in their review once you send it in, but you want the app process to get started asap.

My son can now register for NSC!!! Still no banner for us though… I have not told him yet. Now, I am not sure if I should go ahead and tell him so we can register for NCS or wait for the stinking banner!