TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

@Lori2Me - Thank you!! We submitted her application on 8/5 and we were test optional - she doesn’t do great on standardized tests but is top 15%.

RHKGHONCOJF I GOT MY 6 TABS ALSO TODAY!! I DONT HAVE THE OFFICIAL ACCEPTANCE BUT DO YOU THINK THIS MEANS YES??

@P2KMama CONGRATULATIONS TO YOUR DAUGHTER!!! THATS AMAZING WOOP WOOP

@goodlucksmarties First… Congrats, yes it means you’re accepted. Wait for official word, but you’re good to go!

Second… it’s Whoop, not woop. lol… And you can’t Whoop until end of Sophomore year, so be careful! = )

Tamu is my dream school so I hope my stats hold up as an OOS student

Applied: 10/16/2020
SAT Superscore: 1570 (800 math, 770 English)
SAT Single Test Day: 1560 (790 math, 770 English)
Gpa weighted: 4.99 (4.0 scale)
Top 10% of graduating class
Accepted: not yet
Review admit

Honors: NM Semifinalist (finalist status has not been announced yet), AP Scholar with distinction, regional math comp. awards

ECs: NHS member, Spanish NHS member, English NHS member, Science NHS member, Mu Alpha Theta founding president, Key Club member, Gulf Coast Youth Diplomacy Council, The Experiment Digital peer mentor

150+ hours of community service

9 AP courses
13 IB courses (will graduate with IB diploma)
5 honors level courses

Applied to the school of engineering

Sorry I applied on the 14th not the 16th. (Got my dates confused)

@AggieMomhelp - I have to say after not hearing much for BIMS majors and learning it might be much much later to hear back - aka last to hear, we were feeling a little dejected. And than - Wham! She is so so excited for this acceptance as this was her 1st pick all along. It was definitely a surprise!

@P2KMama Omg that’s great. I submitted my app in late September. I am also a review applicant and going test-optional, but my major is engineering. Hopefully, I can get in!

Newbie mom here, but just wondering if anyone has any info regarding admissions into the School of Science (specifically physics)? I haven’t read much on this thread regarding non-medical science majors. Do the different schools tend to have different lengths of time for reviewing/admitting students?

@physixmom TAMU accepts based on applicant, not major(engineering is different). If the major is still open then the student will get their first choice. The departments do not review applicants. The departments only get involved for transfer students.

Does this make sense?

@kpfrazee You are most assuredly getting an offer. I’d be shocked if you didn’t get full acceptance to main campus.

@P2KMama That’s awesome. I’m so glad some review students aren’t having to wait too long. YAY!

Got into tamu engineering today!! im a little surprised at how early they sent acceptances???

Congrats!! My auto admitted son also got into Engineering today.

MY SON HAS 6 TABS! Whoop! And he got into Mays! Whoop again! I’m afraid to tell him or celebrate until we actually have the banner in our hands or see it officially on AIS which still says “under review”.

Soooo, since nothing official on AIS or in the mail, do I have to wait to put down my housing deposit until AIS flips to Admitted? I played around on the Howdy Portal to see if I could do it, but it keeps erroring out. But I thought on here I previously have read of parents being able to finish Phase 1 of housing. Thoughts?

His stats - App complete 8/18, but school didn’t submit required curriculum info until 9/25 so file wasn’t complete until then. Top 25%, test optional. Super active kid, plus Eagle Scout. Business Major.

Congrats! Do you see anything in AIS yet? My son got six tabs today too, but nothing in AIS.

My son review admit also got six tabs today. When should we see that he is admitted? He is applying to engineering so hoping to see an acceptance soon!!

So another round of review acceptances and still nothing for my daughter who applied Aug 1 and has been in review since that same week. What bothers her the most is the supposed “rolling admissions” yet if her desired major fills up, she’s out of luck as she has zero interest in pursuing anything other than her 1st choice. If I felt she were on the bubble academically of being accepted I’d maybe be more understanding of the delay, however her class rank (top 5%), UW 4.0, 4.3 W, along with numerous extracurricular activities/varsity letters should more than fit the academic profile at A&M. Over and over she was assured during several zoom meetings with admissions that being OOS is not a disadvantage, yet it sure seems that way. She is completely deflated and I am beyond irritated, although she will never know that because I am determined to be her biggest cheerleader, however secretly I wish she would just love Baylor a little more and join her brother there.

@hope4tamu She will get in, it will just be a matter of which major she will get! What is her major?

@kelliJo Congrats to your son. We are still waiting, as a review admit also. He applied 8/2. You mentioned top 25%, may I ask what his GPA was out of HS?

He is 3.8 UW
1300SAT
14% class rank

lots EC, sports, work, and volunteer.

Any acceptances to Architecture college?

@kpfrazee I would that you have a lock on admission! TAMU would be proud to have you! Congrats on those impressive academic achievements!

Our S21 summary who applied to the Engineering program:

Applied: 10/15/2020
SAT: 1480 (760 math, 720 English)
GPA unweighted: 3.53 (4.0 scale)
Our school district does not rank
Accepted: not yet
Review admit

Honors: National Hispanic Recognition Program, National Merit Commended (Selection Index of 219, missed NMSF by one point in our state), Davidson Young Scholar since age of 6, skipped a grade (kindergarten).

9 Honors courses
5 AP courses

ECs very little: Marching Band and After-school Jazz Band (I wish S21 was interested in the Corp of Cadets so that he could try out for marching band, but as an introverted gamer teenager the thought of getting up super early every day is a nonstarter.)

We are hoping that S21 qualifies for the TAMU National Hispanic Scholar scholarship of $3,500/yr and any other TAMU scholarship for $500/yr to be able to qualify for in-state tuition. We are WA state residents.