TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

@coltcali His GPA is 3.7 on 4.0 scale.

@kelliJo thank you. Fingers crossed we hear soon as well, being he has similar 3.8-4.0 scale.

@hope4tamu Hang in there! Your daughter sounds like a great candidate for admissions. I understand your frustration, and the pressure of a major filling up. Given that her application has been under review since early August, has she (or you) reached out to admissions to confirm everything is okay on their end? (sorry, I haven’t kept up with all of the threads!) Best wishes to your daughter and so awesome of you to be her biggest cheerleader!

@KelliJo Curious if your son had alot of AP classes in HS? My son stuck with Dual credit and Pre AP. Hoping that’s not a negative. Frustrating waiting knowing he applied with all documents in 8/4.

@coltcali He had two honors class both his freshman and sophomore year, then 3 Honors/AP junior year, and is currently taking 3 Honors/AP this year, plus two advanced. We didn’t have the option of dual credit, and it seems like I have heard mixed reviews about universities using those credits, whereas it seems like if you score 3 or above on AP classes, they definitely will use them. (Please don’t quote me though - I am sure there are some parents on here much better versed in this!) I don’t think this will be a negative for your son for admissions, but it may not translate into as many college credits once admitted. Does that make sense? Again, I believe it varies by university, etc.

@txsmom @goodlucksmarties Hi, we all saw the 6 tabs yesterday on Howdy! Wondering if it’s shown up on AIS for your student yet? Nothing over here…will feel so much better when it’s “official”! :slight_smile:

Hey everyone!!

I just wanted to say stay strong? I know this is an especially tough time with the process as well as everything going on right now, but trust me it will work out for the very best.

No matter where you/your child ends up, it will be amazing and great things will come.

Also, it seems that the people being accepted and the people who are waiting have very similar and comparable stats. I feel they maxed out on all they could accept for this wave, but I’m sure you will get your acceptance in no time!

And now that academic admit is gone, the amount of review admits will replace that insane amount of spots and I bet TAMU is looking for all of you to be accepted.

You all got this?

@KelliJo Nothing showing in AIS for us…I was able to pay the $75 for housing today. Definitely ready for the “Official” acceptance especially to Engineering. Have checked multiple times today.

@txmsmom Did you look at “My Communications” in AIS? My son’s acceptance letter to engineering was there 2 days before AIS updated.

@kscm91 Just checked and nothing in My Communications either. The unofficial transcript does show Engineering. The way is killing me!

@txmsmom My son’s unofficial transcript also showed Engineering and location as College Station before AIS updated so you’re good! Also, in Howdy under Applicant and Manage Applications it switched to Engineering and Cstat, BUT it still said Under Review even after we had the letter and AIS updated to Accepted so don’t worry if that happens. It took a few days before everything synced up. Congratulations!!

@KelliJo Thank you for that explanation. I’m hoping all his dual credits transfer, being I checked the TAMU transfer tables and they do, we are a HS in Texas and many students from his HS attend A&M.

@P2KMama OOOOH… this is a tough one. My son lived in White Creek freshman year and loved it. It now has it’s own little MSC so it worked out great for meals when they were back in their apt. The apt. is very nice. He did a 4b/2b option. It really is a great set up. He knew his roomies from high school. The bus system is fantastic. Real time apps let them know when it’ll be at the complex and capacity. Kids also bike around a lot too. There is a library called West Campus library is right there too. Hullabaloo is great as well. Different vibe. More dorm feel of course. Close to a lot of stuff and one of the newer dorms.

@Momof0ne I don’t know about the llc’s. I do know that most students move off campus sophomore year.

@P2KMama That is a tough decision! One thing that may help you decide - what is her major? If she’s a business major or if she will have many classes on west campus, then White Creek is a great choice because of proximity. Hullaballoo is closer to Engineering buildings. Of course, as others have mentioned, it’s easy to bike or bus around regardless!

@KelliJo I have not seen anything go through yet but hopefully soon haha? I know right! I cant wait for it to be official?

THE AIS UPDATED!! DID YOURS!!! @KelliJo

The tears are hard to manage through. I have to keep telling myself, “Remember what you were like at that age!” In a text exchange today, we were discussing her taking a day off to retake her SAT. Her reply was, “Why bother?” This whole process is hard for them. And it’s hard for us because they are our kids.

I think I may stop visiting as well.

@goodlucksmarties YESSS! Thanks for the head’s up! It’s updated and official! (My son and I both said we were done checking for the day, so we wouldn’t have seen it until tomorrow!)

Ours updated too!! Whew he got into Engineering!! Congratulations everyone!!

Looks like there’s so many ways to figure out if you’ve been accepted before any formal communications gets sent. Can someone please explain where you find the unofficial transcript that @kscm91 referred to. Also if you go in Howdy under Manage Application, what it says before/after you’re admitted.

Currently my son is “My App is Complete and in Review” is AIS. 3 tabs in Howdy. And under Manage Application, it has Under Review/Undergraduate/BUAD/BAC-BUAD/College Station.

He applied 9/25. Out of state - review