TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

I am asking this question again. I sent this question in to TAMU but no response. We have an x still next to class rank. It has been over a week now. Everything has a check mark. I thought class rank was in the SRAR. Why would we still have an x for class rank only?

We have not - My son got the 6 tabs this morning, can see the unofficial transcript but still nothing in AIS or communications - the wait is killing me although he feels very confident !

@Mommmm430 In order to get the check mark you must submit an unofficial transcript showing freshman through junior year. It must have a class rank on it, or, if your school does not rank, you must submit the unofficial transcripts with a note from the institution saying so.

Please let me know if that helps!

Congratulations to everyone getting acceptances:))) this is amazing:)

@Texas2000 So you told your son? I went into unoffical transcript and it shows Mays. He also has a student ID number under my profile. Do you think it is safe to share with my son?

@goodlucksmarties Thank you for replying. I am confused because we applied last year and did not turn in a transcript because that was for top 10% only. Is this year different? I thought this year was the same and the SRAR was for the class rank?

@Mommmm430 I thought that too! I read transcripts were only needed if top ten percent, but after I submitted my SRAR the class rank did not update. I emailed them as well and they said that transcripts were the best way to get it checked off.

Not sure why haha! But I think it is the best bet. After I submitted mine, it updated after a day or two.

@goodlucksmarties Ugh I just read TAMU website and word for word that is what it says that SRAR is for class rank unless top 10 percent! This makes me mad because I want something that is consistent. I will take your suggestion and submit one so we can move along. This is weird. Thanks!

@Texas2000 Do you mind sharing stats? Also were you auto or review admit, and did you go test-optional?

He has known about the 6 tabs from other kids and was checking often so he actually saw it first!

review admit/ submitted ACT/ lots of AP and 4.0 / Eagle Scout / Varsity Golf .

My daughter’s status still says In Review as of this morning, but I was able to complete Phase I of housing!!

Has anyone that applied for construction science been accepted? Applied in early October as homeschooler- received class ranking in the top quarter but he is still in review. He has 21 college hours all aligned with the graduation plan for TAMU construction science.
We did not submit letters of recommendation and are wondering if that would be helpful to speed up process or if it will be March before we find out no matter what we do.

@txmom9977 I was able to pay the housing deposit also, but AIS still shows under review. I still haven’t told my son, as was hoping he see the “Congrats” on site. May have to bite the bullet.

Got my 6 tabs this morning!

Daughter has 6 TABS on Howdy.
Shows General Engineering.
Homeschool. GPA 3.95 (UW)
Review Admit.
Applied 10/15
SAT 1450 ACT 32

@cactusrose I’m not sure how much the letters of recommendation really matter. My daughter, also homeschooled submitted on 10/10. She attends a college prep/university model school and her chemistry teacher was working on a letter for her but from what we can tell, it has not been submitted but we received 6 TABS yesterday. (Science major) Needless to say, it seems like a much quicker response than we expected. We still haven’t told her (waiting for her to check or get her banner :)) Be patient and hopefully you will hear something soon.

Is 6 tabs on portal indication of “admit”?

@fromdfw lol yes! If you read all the messages on the last 2 pages you will see it is the first sign of being admitted.

@Physixmom – When they ranked your daughter, where did they place her? I’m assuming that top quarter is the highest they will allow…but curious if I am mistaken. Congratulations to you and your daughter! I know how hard homeschool families work!

Also - I know they say that the test scores wont hurt your chances this year, but I can’t help but wonder if we shouldn’t have submitted my sons. Most I’ve seen admitted have been at least a 32 comp and he didn’t quite hit that number. I will be so disappointed if sending in the scores were a hinderence when we could have opted to not be forthright.