TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Have any review admits for College of Liberal Arts been admitted yet? This process is grueling and I would like to enjoy my senior year.

My daughter’s portal has 6 tabs today!

Out of state applicant: South Dakota
When did you apply: October 15
Class Rank: Top 3.5% (17/490)
Unweighted GPA: 4.0
Weighted GPA: 4.135
SAT 1300 (650 Reading and Writing)(650 Math)
When did you receive your admission decision: Howdy Portal 6 tabs October 29 not official yet
Are you an Auto-admit or Review Admit: Review
Major/College of Choice: Electrical Engineering or Chemical Engineering

AP Classes: AP World History, AP English, AP Chemistry, AP Calculus
5 years girls golf

Thank you to everyone for all of the information and help on how to navigate this application process!

@bdewaal My daugher is review liberal arts (Communications major) & got her 6 tabs yesterday! Good luck!!

I was told by our regional admissions office that when reviewing applicants, if scores are submitted, they will look at the application in two ways —once with the test score then again without the test score and see which scenario presents a stronger application and then base decisions off of that.

My son did decide to go test optional though.

my son had 29 act and was accepted. He is well rounded

This might be a dumb question but are the 6 tabs the ones that say Home, Applicant, My Record, My Finances, Student Life, and My Howdy??

Did your status update? We got 6 tabs yesterday, signed a housing contract, but still hasn’t changed the status.

Nope, status still says “in review” but my major did change from computer engineering to general engineering

@alin21 Not a dumb question at all! Yes, those are the 6 tabs :slight_smile:

We got six tabs yesterday, signed a housing contract but status still hasn’t officially changed. I haven’t told my daughter yet because I’m waiting for status to be official, but A&M is the only school she wanted and I am thrilled for her.

I wanted to encourage those of you with lower test scores because this didn’t appear to hurt her and the focus was clearly more on her overall resume. We would’ve gone test optional but she only took the ACT in February and thought we’d have plenty of chances to test again. Took it again last week but haven’t gotten those scores in yet and I guess now it doesn’t matter.

Applied: August 1 (review candidate, in-state)
Class Rank: Top 25% at very competitive high school
GPA: 98.9 weighted
National AP scholar
NHS and Spanish Honor Society
Varsity athlete (Soccer & track for four years)
Lots of leadership and volunteer hours
ACT 25
Major/College of Choice: School of Agriculture, Animal Science

the portal still says ‘My App Is Complete And In Review’. The 6 tabs are
My App Status, My Bio, My Test scores, My Docs, My Communication, Contact US.

I think these are not the same 6 tabs everyone is referring to as indication of admission.

@kscm91 HAHAHA thank you! just wanted to confirm:)

When did you apply: 10/13
Class Rank: school doesn’t rank, but AIS assigned “First Quarter”
GPA: 3.89/4.0 UW, 4.64/4.0 W
SAT (with Sub Scores): 1560 (760EBRW, 800M)
ACT (with Sub Scores): 35 (36E, 35R, 35M, 33S)
When did you receive your admission decision: got 6 tabs on 10/29, still in engineering review i think
Are you an Auto-admit or Review Admit: OOS (Illinois) review admit
Major/College of Choice: Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering track

@cactusrose Thank you for the congrats!! And yes, they placed her in the 1st quarter, most likely due to her gpa and SAT score. Best wishes!!

Those are the 6 tabs that everyone is referring to and is the sign of acceptance. It can take a couple of days for AIS to update and formally show you are admitted.

@fromdfw The 6 Tabs are under the 4)Howdy Connect section :smile: It can be very confusing!!

@Mommmm430 I emailed the TAMU regional admissions officer to ask the same thing about the fact that our application still says incomplete regarding rank, but our school doesn’t rank and we indicated that on the application, so was there something else we needed to do? Here is her reply verbatim:

“If your school does not rank, then nothing further is needed on your end. Once we process your SRAR, we will compare it to a school profile and run and algorithm to determine which quartile of your high school class you likely fell into! This should show as completed on AIS in the next 2-3 business days!”

Me again, that email was from October 23, and unfortunately, just checked AIS and we are still showing as missing class rank, but I assume that if it doesn’t happen soon, then we can check with the admissions office again.

@Physixmom No Howdy section under any of the tabs yet…
Not loosing any sleep over this yet, have other big deadlines to meet.

@Momof3B We probably should have done the same. :frowning: I was initially encouraged bc they did rank him in top quarter. So, I was hopeful that they will base it off of that and all of his extracurricular, volunteer and accolades. We shall see…what is meant to be will be.

@Momof3B Those are the tabs? Because those seem to be the tabs that my son also has available on the AIS system. But on Howdy, still has only three.