TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

I know exactly how you feel. I am becoming very frustrated because us not submitting our test scores is not supposed to have an effect. If I knew my admittance decision would’ve been pushed back this far due to not doing it, I would have taken the test later on last year. Now that other options are coming out for some people, it’s making me very scared. This has been my dream school since I was about 7.

1 Like

Basically we’re getting pushed back because they can’t calculate how we’ll do attending TAMU as easy as they can with people who submitted scores. It isn’t fair and they should have been more clear with what would happen if you went test optional.

1 Like

This may have some truth to it but there’s plenty of people who submitted scores and still haven’t heard back either.

that’s true, scores were submitted for my daughter and nothing yet. We were told that they threw out all scores… . this is the most frustrating experience just waiting so long.

Yes I was told they threw out scores too, but it is really weird that some review admits have been getting accepted with my stats and applied later than I did and submitted their scores. I’m not trying to whine but I’m getting quite nervous.

1 Like

Actually, they are right on track compared to last year. I’m not sure where that things are getting pushed back is coming from.

Admissions told me that.

100% agree. They kept telling us going test optional won’t be a negative but I don’t believe that. My son’s stats fall exactly into the Academic Admit profile they had up until last year (minus the test score). We even submitted his Dual Credit transcript to show he has a 4.0 at the community college…he’s mote than qualified to handle Blinn Team at least. It shouldn’t take this long to figure that out.

I was told the same thing…That if scores were submitted, they would only be looked at if they helped the applicant, but if they weren’t submitted, the applicant wouldn’t be penalized.

Congrats to your daughter. How do we find our respective admissions counselor?

I would venture to say that this year for admissions will probably be unlike any admissions period before, between the changes in auto admission, test-optional applications, and mainly the pandemic! We are anxiously awaiting news as well. Trying to maintain positive thoughts!

5 Likes

I’ve been so worried about the fact that we did end up submitting my sons scores even though they weren’t the best. He has 24+ dual credit hours and was ranked in top quarter (homeschooled)- but I still can’t help but think that his scores are holding him back from admittance. After all, if they are in his file, they are obviously being looked at/seen. It’s so frustrating.

1 Like

@mlorenzo My daughter’s AIS updated to reflect the Gateway offer this afternoon. Go check yours.

1 Like

Just received the Gateway acceptance letter.

5 Likes

@aggiemomhope YES ME TOO!!! I am so excited. Congrats to everyone who got into the gateway program :smile:

5 Likes

oh really where did you here that? I submitted my score because my math score would help me for engineering.

So I just saw on my application portal that I had the waitlist/TEAM option. I applied to Mays and was surprised to see this on my portal. Did Mays fill up quickly this year? I applied in late November so that could’ve been the reason why.

Mays always fills up in October or early November. Even if auto admit, you won’t get into mays unless you apply early.

Very coveted major with only 1000 getting admitted per year.

1 Like

We were at A&M to take a tour and we scheduled a visit. They gave us an appointment with an admissions counselor. He gave us his card and said to contact him any time. She sent numerous emails through out the waiting period. He always responded within 24 hours and had great information. Maybe you can call and see if they will assign you a person. He was able to get into the system, review her information and gave our daughter some very honest answers. The waiting period for her was brutal. Everyone one of her friends had been accepted to their schools. The waitlisted folks were the last ones to find out. They had even done PSA’s before the waitlisted. She did have a back up plan to attend Blinn if every thing fell through.

I don’t think not submitting scores is a big factor in the waiting period. My son is an auto-admit-and submitted competitive scores but still in review for engineering. The wait is making us anxious also. Lol / sigh

2 Likes