TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

My son didn’t submit scores and was review admit. He has dual credit hours and took some AP classes. He applied late November and was admitted in less than two weeks. Agribusiness is his major.

That’s awesome! I’m happy for him, genuinely. My major is English with a second choice of Performance Studies. I applied August 12 with still no word. Hopefully soon! I’m getting in other conference call with admissions today.

Edit: I took the 3 dual credit courses offered to me as well as tons of ec’s, leadership opportunities, etc. I even have more that I am involved with this year than I put on my application.

Hopefully you will hear something soon! The whole process is very confusing as to how TAMU decides admittance.

My daugther’s Howdy portal has 6 tabs this morning and her AIS (still says under review) changed from Computer Sc major to General Engineering this morning. We are OOS.

2 Likes

My son just checked and he’s got 6 tabs!! Applied Electrical Engineering, now it’s changed to general engineering fall 2021 College Station. He’s not getting excited till he sees Congratulations on his Howdy!

4 Likes

Has anyone that’s not an auto admit and not submitted SAT/ACT scores gotten into Health Education major (in College of Education and Human Development)? My in state daughter has a great application/stats but surprised she hasn’t heard anything. Applied in mid-October.

EXACTLY the same for us but it was Mechanical instead of Electrical that changed to General Eng and it also says College Station. I am not telling my son anything until we gets the official notice from TAMU but I am SOOOOOO excited!!!

3 Likes

What’s the word on how long it usually takes for the the official update?

For me it was about two and half days

So my son has 6 tabs this morning in Howdy!!! His major in AIS has changed to General Engineering and says College Station. It still says his app is in review. Do you think that means full admit to College Station or could it still be Galveston/Blinn?
Thank you!

1 Like

Do you mind sharing your son’s stats?

Whoop to all you engineering students. 6 tabs, change to General eng. AND college station, means full admit to Cstat campus!!! I know it’s not official in your eyes, but I promise it’s 100% official in Tamu’s eyes.

AIS should update by Friday at the latest. Really hard to tell the timing of that. Some update same day. DO NOT CALL admissions. They will tell you it means nothing. That is their standard reply always!

4 Likes

Eeeeekkkkk!!! Thank you so much!!!

1 Like

Sure-
Top 11% of LARGE 6A Texas School. Unweighted GPA of 3.89, weighted is on a 100 point scale and is 101. Two Duel Credit classes and 4 AP’s. Not a lot of EC’s but does have a lot of volunteer hours. Hope that helps.

1 Like

Awesome. Is he auto admit? We are still waiting.

1 Like

No he isn’t.

Has anyone in review admit been accepted for Biology major? If so, when did you apply and if you don’t mind also sharing the stats?

Stats for my son who got 6 tabs this morning. He applied to engineering Sept 15th top 11-12%, all advanced AP classes including Calculus BC, 4 years b-ball, NHS, MAT, 60+ volunteer hrs, working. SAT wasn’t high but respectable at 1300 in his junior year. Excited he’ll be joining his sophomore engineering brother at A&M College Station in the fall!

3 Likes

Are all Engineering decisions out or are they still giving out acceptances towards end of January?

My child applied very early fall and got accepted as a Bio major before Thanksgiving. High school is a rigorous one, class size is 100. School does not rank. Stats: GPA 3.9 & ACT 32. AP English 5, AP Bio 4. Taking 3 AP senior year - Chem, Calc & Art History. EC: Scouting to present, 500+ hours charity work, high school on-campus leadership & summer camp leader.

1 Like