TAMU Galveston

<p>TAMUG has just hit our radar for D'13 who wants to major in Marine Science/Bio but it seems like most only go to Galveston to get to College station, is that true? I know no matter where she goes there will be some attrition every yr, just worried that here it will be more leaving than staying.</p>

<p>TAMUG is a great school for Marine Science, as well as maritime careers. Many ship’s engineers are TAMUG grads. There are quite a few freshman that come just to transfer to CS, but I don’t know that it is such a significant number that it is much different than the attrition/transfer rate at other schools. Small campus, small student body, great education.</p>

<p>Longsx3, Did y’all go to the open house last Monday? DH & S2 attended. S2 came away lukewarm, but DH thought it was amazing :-). He did not get that impression at all. He was very impressed by all the exciting maritime careers. Said the event planners didn’t do a great job (long lines for tours and lots of “waiting” time), but definitely impressed by the program.</p>

<p>AggieMom16: Thanks that was exactly the info I was looking for.</p>

<p>AllThisIsNewToMe: Unfortunately we did not, I just found out about TAMUG within the last week, besides we are in Fl and probably would not have travelled for an open house. We are headed out on our Spring Break College tour next Thursday and we were trying to find a way to fit it in, our trip starts out from FL to Ok to visit D’13 not quite boyfriend who is in the Army, but the only way to do so is to take a day away from her visit with him and to DH’s dismay I am not willing to do so. BF (for lack for a better word) deploys this Fall and to squeeze another tour in may make for a grumpy teen. We will visit, Rhodes College, U of Alabama and U South Carolina. </p>

<p>TAMUG does look very interesting, I think we will inquire from a distance for now. D is very interested in their Marine Bio especially if she can some how include their concentration in Marine Environmental Law. I will have her make some calls.</p>