TCU 2021 Decision Thread

@ajry808 Chancellor office does the selection for chancellor invites, not admission so I think my info is more correct when the lady in the chancellor office told me the last batch of invites went out last Fri 1/13. I don’t know how fast or slow your mail goes. I told my D to send her admission counselor an email to inquire about the process and asked about her status. Her admission counselor sent back an email yesterday explaining the process & said my D’s file made the chancellor’s pool but did not make the invitation. She even gave us the point person for the chancellor’s program in case we needed some clarification on the selection.

Glad my D did that so now we know the result. You might want to do the same.

we received the “deferral” in December- how often did your daughter reach out to stay in touch and what did she sya when she did?

We received the same deferral- how often did you reach out and what did you say?

@SLparent could you please give your daughters stats? would be helpful to see for future applicant. thanks

@tb2000 I posted this earlier#314, but you probably missed it.

"@tb2000 4.44 Weighted, 4.0 Unweighted, national merit commended, 3 AP’s in jr year and 3 in Sr. year, 6 honors classes. SAT 2040 and 2150, 5 SAT subject tests, ACT 33 and 35 (only submitted 35), 1 gold & 2 silvers in national latin exams, NHS, top 5% of all girl catholic school, a competitive dancer since 6 years old (a ton of hours), school clubs, community service 125 hours, attended 2 weeks summer scholar program at Pace U. in nyc.

My regret: she has leadership experience as an apprentice member of a professional dance company, travels and assists in all dance classes, works at competitions and performs with faculty in closing shows. This should have been listed under “leadership” heading. Unfortunately, her counselor lumped it all under “dance experience”. I think it would stand out more under “leadership” because she already has a ton of other things listed under “dance experience”.
Hoping she would get invited to chancellor weekend so she can elaborate about this experience.

I don’t know what her rec letter says because we can’t see, and I have no opinion about her essay because that’s very subjective."

@senorb17 I’m not sure if you were asking me the question “we received the “deferral” in December- how often did your daughter reach out to stay in touch and what did she sya when she did?”. If you did, what her counselor told her is her academic profile did pull her file into the running for TCU’s Chancellor’s Scholarship. However, the Chancellor’s Committee nominates a select number from this pool to be invited to TCU for an interview and her file was not found eligible. It has been an extremely competitive year for all academic scholarships, and she congratulated my daughter on her offer for TCU’s Deans Scholarship. She also gave a point person’s name if we needed more clarification.

So, sounds to me academics is the first criteria, from there on, who knows what they look for…my kid may sounds “too privileged” LOL.

That was the first tim my daughter reached out to her admission counselor at TCU.

@SLparent did she get the chancellor invite and honors? Her stats are really good

@tb2000 Sorry, I’ve been out of town & didn’t get on forum. Nope, she did not :frowning:

@tb2000, Her admission counselor said she should be invited to honors, but I don’t think those are going out until Feb. unless you’re invited to Chancellor weekend…I believe the Chancellors students were invited to honors already because they will visit the honors program while there.

@SLparent her stats are soooo good- Chancellor cut must have been tough this year.
. I am sure she will get honors. Please keep me posted my daughter is really interested in honors.

@tb2000, Thanks…she works hard! Is your daughter class of 2021? What is she going to study? My daughter is planning on double majors in business and dance. She will audition this Sat. Business is 1st choice.

My daughter would be 22. she’s applying in August. I think she will do MIS. She would like Honors as well. Her GPA is very high. Just starting tests this month.

Got my honors college invite in the mail today!! So excited!! Good luck to you all :slight_smile:

@tb2000 My D received the honors invite last week.
@AJRY808 Are you going to the Mar 30 or April 9 session?

@AJRY808 What are you studying?

@SLparent CONGRATS TO HER. Is she going to TCU for sure?

@tb2000 Not for sure because we have different offers & options. It’s one of her top choices but a couple developments bother me about TCU. If you are interested to hear my opinion, you can DM me.

anyone doing early action 2? waiting to hear back, does anyone know if it’s by mail or by portal update??

@SLparent , I currently have a sophomore at TCU and next year my son will be going to TCU as well. If I can be of any help to you, let me know. I of course have no idea of what developments bother you about TCU, but I’m happy to share what I know and our experiences. Good luck to everyone in your decisions. Choosing the right one is such a personal adventure. GO FROGS !!!

@SLparent I live in Hawaii, so it’s going to be pretty hard to work travel plans out. Likely the April one though, because I’m going up to Colorado Springs around April 13th for junior Olympics and I might as well do some college visits at the same time! I’m planning on majoring in English and double minoring in biology and some form of either art history or studio art. Congratulations to your daughter for getting in!