TCU Early Decision for Fall 2024 Admission

Wanted to start this thread for others who have or are applying ED to TCU. Application in, excited!

2 Likes

my senior daughter graduating in may is applying to TCU nursing but EA not ED. Application should be submitted in a week or so.

1 Like

I know it is a great program and very competitive, best of luck to her.

2 Likes

Daughter applying…currently finishing up short answer essays. Will be applying EA. It is her first choice as of right now. I’m hearing this year will be brutal competition wise and even worse than last year, in general (not just at TCU, across all top 150 universities). Fingers crossed but this process has already weighed us down.

1 Like

D24 applied EA in mid-August, though it took a bit to complete her file. I guess now we wait until December!

2 Likes

Only 58 to go, give or take a day! :exploding_head:

1 Like

My daughter is applying EA for Pre-Interior Design. She got an invite to apply for Honors and the Chancellor’s scholarship today. I’m hoping that is a good sign

1 Like

It sounds like a good sign. I didn’t know they gave

Chancellor invites this early. I thought it was always after decisions came out in December.

My son told me he received the Honors College/Chancellor Scholarship email. I haven’t seen it but he seemed to think it’s sent to everyone who has submitted an application based on how it’s worded. He has been in the honors dorm and said it’s very nice and has a great location on campus, I think that is motivation for him.

1 Like

My eldest is at TCU and got the Chancellor’s scholarship. but she was offered it after she was accepted Early Action. Interviews were in February and Milton Daniel Honors Dorm is in a great location.

2 Likes

I applied EA in September for Psychology. I got the invitation to apply for Honors and the Chancellor’s scholarship which I submitted today :slight_smile:
I’m hoping TCU will be like Baylor and send out decisions before the January date!

2 Likes

Has anyone heard when decisions will come?

1 Like

I assume first Friday in December for ED and the next week for EA, but i havent seen anything yet.

In the portal it says no later than Jan 1. I would guess last week of December.

1 Like

That would be great but really early. Is there a reason you think they will come then?

They typically release around 12/15 or whatever date the Friday of middle December falls on.

1 Like

How is everyone feeling about the just announced 7.9% tuition raise? Tuition now above $60K. Yikes.

I’d be curious to know how they plan to use the funds from the increase. They also just announced meeting their goal of $1B for their capital campaign. I think TCU is bursting at the seams in regard to housing so growth is inevitable. With growth comes higher costs to the university due to expansion and that will have a hefty price tag to maintain their standard of quality. I don’t love the increase but I also feel like we’re seeing it everywhere in everyday life. Sadly, it will edge out even more students for whom it was already a stretch.

TCU ED Dec 22 release date ?

Did you see that date put out somewhere? My son told us TCU has posted on social media to check your portal on decision day for the past two years and ED’s were released on the first Friday of December both times. Doesn’t mean it will be the same this year but he hopes so!

1 Like