TCU 2026 Scholarships/admissions

Scholarships/admission

So I’ve dreamed of going to TCU for a couple of years now and absolutely love the school. I’m from out of state but doesn’t matter much seeing as it’s private. I’ve got around a 3.87 with 7 AP courses all with passing exam grades, as well as a 32 on the act. My primary questions are, am I likely to get into the school? But more importantly should I get into the school what’s the best route for scholarships? My family doesn’t make nearly enough money to pay and I really don’t wanna take out student loans. I can afford around 12k a year (tops but would prefer lower as in state schools will be far cheaper) total though the fafsa doesn’t help out as much as it should. I did the net price calculator which came out to around 19k yearly but my question was does that include the TCU/Dean etc. scholarships posted on their website (also if anyone has experience in applying to those would love to know more about how it worked). And regardless what is the best way to pursue other scholarships both offered via TCU and outside scholarships. Also how involved is the TCU admissions office, and would it be worth sending counter offers to similar schools in state that would be cheaper (but I’d far rather not go). Any advice is helpful, i would love to be a horned frog but am worried finically.

How many of each scholarship is given each year (i.e. Chancellor, Dean, Faculty, TCU, Founders).
Seems like a lot, but can’t find it anywhere.

For Chancellor’s Scholarship Class of 2024, around 120 applicants were invited around December 2019 for a February 2020 interview, and they selected around 60 for scholarships. I don’t remember if they gave scholarships to finalists until 60 accepted, or if only 60 were offered and less than 60 accepted. The average unweighted GPA of finalists that year was 3.98.

imho, high GPA will get you to the interview stage. From there, it is all about showing to the interview committee what you’ll bring to TCU. Each finalist had two interviews over the course of a morning, each with some dean or big name in the university.

I have been reading the threads about the TCU Chancellor’s Scholarship weekend and it seems in the past they had to do a ‘speech’ as well as interviews? do they not do the speech anymore?

Anyone got resutls from the Chancellor weekend?

I did!

congrats! my daughter did as well :slight_smile:

Did anyone’s portal change? My daughter’s portal now has a STEM Scholars button next to the ‘financial aid.’

RD today 3/11? …or next Friday 3/18?

Have your kids check their portals!

2 Likes