TCU Scholarships

I was curious about what TCU looks at when deciding what scholarships people receive. I was admitted RD for nursing and I was wondering if they only look at your GPA and test scores?
My school uses CSU/UC GPA calculations so my GPA is 4.18 but I think it is 4.27 if the honors class that I took sophomore year is weighted (since UC’s don’t consider it for AP/Honors credit). My class rank is 19/674 and my test scores are 29 for the ACT and 1290 for the SAT, so not as strong as I would have liked them to be. However, I was extremely proud of my common app essay as well as my nursing supplementals. I had a strong letter of recommendation and I am involved in several extracurriculars (4 year runner for Cross Country and Track, more than 100 hours volunteering in the SICU of a hospital, involved in several clubs on campus, etc.). I am hoping that they consider these as well… I am aware that it is a long shot for Chancellor’s but I was hoping for something decent.

Hi @socalnurse - congrats on your acceptance into nursing. I understand that is a very competitive program!

I wouldn’t worry about how your school calculates GPA. I believe each college recalculates according to their own guidelines (so that all students are compared equally). Also, here is what the TCU website says about determining scholarships:

“These awards are competitive and are based on a number of objective and subjective criteria such as class rank, strength of curriculum, counselor and teacher recommendations, standardized test scores, essay, and co-curricular activities.”

My daughter applied EA and received a scholarship letter dated the same day as her acceptance letter. The Chancellor’s Scholar interview weekend has already passed and those decisions have started going out. RD may announce things differently than EA so I would definitely suggest checking your portal (and check the financial aid - as that is where the scholarships will be displayed).

@momoftres Thank you so much!!! I just checked my portal and it says I was offered an $18,000 scholarship! Definitely helps with the cost I am so happy!!

Congrats @socalnurse !!

@momoftres Thank you so much, again! I didn’t even think about checking my portal until you said that!