Temple University Class of 2025 Discussion Thread

My D just completed the application to Temple and waiting for decision. I’m starting this thread for discussion relating to Class of 2025 admission and related topics here.

I’m going to start first with questions below:

1. How long will it take before hear back from Temple for the decisions?
  2. How does Honors College work? Will they send out invite to apply? what is criteria for for Honors ? and do they require more essays ?
  3. How long before hear back from Temple regarding Merit aids ?
  4. Any additional info for regarding admission is greatly appreciated.

My daughter has also applied to Temple. After she sent in her application, she started thinking more about their First year in Rome Program. Does anyone know if she can switch to that plan if she gets accepted?

Applied to Temple on Sunday! I think decisions come back around mid-December, but not too sure. What majors did you guys apply for?

@jellojillo15 Early action results started rolling in the first or second week of November the last few years. Son applied for Engineering. I am an alum and son loved Temple when we were lucky enough to tour last September. We even got to see the Charles Library right after it opened. Good luck to you!

@jellojillo15

My D applied EA and planned to major in Biology. From TU portal, we saw “During peak admission periods, it may take more than 8 weeks for a decision to be made on your application…” but we hope to get a decision in early November as @momandslp has mentioned.

Good luck to all !!!

Thank you so much and good luck to your son! @momandslp
@ttb1263 how many days after you submitted the commonapp did you get the TUportal info? Also, good luck to your daughter!

@jellojillo15

Two days. The whole process after my D submitted application to application is ready to review by Temple is about 7 days. The only thing my D had to do in TU Portal was to complete the self report high school transcript.

My D wants to submit test scores and is applying early action. She is waiting on one of her scores to come back (Nov 4), but this is after the deadline. Is the deadline to submit test scores from the test score agency also Nov 1?

@malibu1992

If the score comes out on Nov 4, it may take a week or more to send from College Board to Temple Admission. Your D should to contact TU admission office or TU admission counselor in your area for this question.

I’m not sure I’m allow to post a link to Temple’s admission counselor here, but I’m going to try it anyway :slight_smile: Just choose the representative for your area:

https://go.oncehub.com/TUUndergraduateAdmissions

Good luck to all! My D just submitted her common app today she is applying to nursing. Hope decisions are earlier rather than later.

I just found out Temple extended the EA deadline until November 15. Happy for all the students who have time now to submit their apps, but sad if it means decisions won’t be rolling out for a few more weeks. I’m sure more colleges will be following suit in the next few days…

Son also applied EA last weekend, Arts and Sciences. At the last minute he decided to put Rome as his first choice campus, but not sure when US students will be allowed to live there again. We certainly hope by next Summer. Any idea how putting Rome first may effect his chances for Philly if Rome is closed?

Just applied to nursing program. Temple is my first choice and I really hope I get in!

ahhh me too! I’m so nervous!!

My son applied a few days ago. Major would be Statistical Science and Data Analytics. We are OOS so hoping for good merit! We were lucky enough to tour the summer after his freshman year when we were in Philly for another reason and we walked the campus again last October. His goal is to work in professional sports so Philadelphia would be a great location.

Question. My dd just applied to Temple. Her gpa is a 3.9 but her ACT a 27. She didnt submit it. Do you think that is right decision? Will she be merit eligble without it?

@Clementine7624 I’m no expert (although my D17 received merit from many colleges, including full tuition from Temple), but I will chime into say I agree with your decision not to submit the ACT score. Everything has to be taken in context though: how rigorous her coursework is, what her extracurriculars are, what her intended major is, etc. For S21, we have submitted SATs even when SAT score was at the low end for a college because he did very well on the math section and he is interested in engineering and physics. S21 loves Temple, so I hope we hear something before the new EA deadline, although I am not hopeful. I am fairly confident he will get in given his rigor, GPA and SATs, but I am hoping he will get a little merit. I so wish he could get into honors like his sister, but I am pretty sure he will not. She was much higher stats. Still, I think Temple would be a great school for him even without honors.

@Clementine7624 - FYI - (in past years - IDK about this crazy COVID year) when applying TSO to Temple, students were required to submit additional essay questions that appear in the portal. Also, the average ACT score for Temple is 27 (24-30 range). Personally, I would advise sending a 27. It will not hurt her chances. My niece is a current senior at Temple. She got in with a 25 ACT.

Thank you. Am not that worried about a 27 affecting her chance of getting in - just think it would probably work against any decision involving merit. Her classes are all college prep - only took one AP. I am hopeful she will get on but not optimistic for merit