Texas A&M Class of 2025...After you have been accepted...Q&A

Pretty sure its this: Registrar: Report
scroll down to bottom & you can pick department & term

3 Likes

Just registered for my NSC. Hopefully doing it this late wont screw me over in my choice of Profs :frowning: though it probably will… Guess i’m crossing my fingers and hoping for the best.

1 Like

It’ll be fine. And then you can always move stuff around during open registration in august.

2 Likes

My son will live in the dorms. He signed up for a parking spot this morning. Does he need to buy a Blinn spot too? He is A&M engineering at Blinn.

Survive, surround, search, social, and success are your words for the first semester.

*Survive all the new stuff. Put your big girl/boy pants on and every morning tell yourself you will win.
*Surround yourself with good things and good people. There are lots of new temptations. Place yourself around good food, good exercise, and good people.
*Search for campus involvement, something new and exciting. Just one thing is enough to begin college.
*Social life is part of a balanced person. If you are a nerd, get out of the library once a week and do something with others. On the other hand, too much social life is dangerous. Social balance is key.
*Success comes each day, each month, each test, each semester. In college, every semester is the equivalent of one year in high school. Every semester is different. Survive, surround, search, and socialize one semester at a time and you will find success in the end.

—My next sermon will be on sleep and the bed monster—

7 Likes

I got accepted yesterday. Do you think do I still chance to get in on campus dorm? For housing registering, which dorm do I choose to make high chance? FYI, my major is BIMs(biomed & veterinary science)

Parking at blinn is hard. It’s better to ride the bus from Tamu campus to get there. OR some student drive to a nearby commercial location where there is a bus stop near blinn and hop on there.

But if parking at blinn… yes, separate (much cheaper pass) is required.

1 Like

@cmhighto Parking is a lottery draw. Way too soon to sign up for Parking, if dorm selection hasn’t happened yet. Remind your student to go back in change his selections after dorm selection, if he ends up somewhere other than he had planned. And know that the small surface lots are next to impossible to get…most freshman get a garage, and not necessarily near their dorm.

@dohdoh02 you’ll be on Housing Wait List, most likely will get Overflow/Temp housing, and you won’t get to select a specific dorm. As dorms open up in the summer, you will be assigned a room…IF one opens up. Good news is, there is plenty of off campus housing, if you don’t get a dorm room.

I think they were just talking about blinn parking pass. But yeah, Tamu campus parking is a crap shoot except for on campus people who will be put towards their dorm if possible or wcg

My son is in the Engineering LLC, so he knows he will live in the commons.

1 Like

Could someone explain the difference between the current year rate code and variable rate code? I see 2 options on HOWDY, not sure which one to pick. My son will be attending college of engineering. Thanks!

With fixed rate, you’ll pay more the first couple of years, but most likely save more the last 2 years (than the current rate of that year).

Variable rate is cheaper the first 2 years than flat rate but then escalates the last 2 years.

Best way I know how to explain. It’s a personal choice. I did both (one per kid).

2 Likes

Thanks @AggieMomhelp , looking for this info.
Approximately how much is the rate of cost increase per year?
Is there a correlation between the credit hours and fixed/variable costs?

deleted

2 Likes

Honestly, I would do fixed. There’s just no telling in this day and age on what the percentage will be. I just know it’ll keep going up!

2 Likes

My son got a spot in the Engineering LLC. He connected with his friend in Phase 3 to be roommates. Today, we received an email that their profiles don’t match so they either have to change their profiles to match or my son needs to find a new roommate. The only thing we can think of is the roommate didn’t get a spot in the engineering LLC because he didn’t get the email saying he did. Do spots open up as kids decide to attend other colleges? Son is trying to decide if he should look for a new roommate in the LLC or live in another dorm with his friend.

Non-LLC cannot room with LLC. Seems your son can leave the LLC and room with friend. Stay in LLC and pick new roommate. Or stay in LLC and go pot-luck roommate.

I’m unsure if slots in LLC will open; it would make sense that some might. But at that point is there any risk to your son’s room and/or roommate selection? If he’s willing to go LLC pot-luck as worst case scenario, then maybe it’s worth the risk to wait for an LLC for his friend?

1 Like

Thanks @AggieMomhelp. Decided to go ahead with fixed.
The difference between variable and fixed is about 600$ this year compared to 200 to 300$ difference from the sample past year costs.

1 Like

Hello everyone. My daughter is still looking for a roommate. She is an Engineering major, but prefers a non-Engineering roommate so that she can be more adventurous. She’s a 4 year varsity athlete that loves music and sports. She is excited about intramurals and just didn’t have much luck through the school’s roommate website. If anyone else has a daughter in the same boat feel free to DM me and we can exchange information. We are from the DFW area and she had an early November acceptance. Her dorm preference is Hullabaloo or Northside Modular.
Congratulations to everyone that got accepted and good luck next year!