Texas A&M Class of 2025...After you have been accepted...Q&A

No, we did not do a tour yet. He will get to see only when he moves in. I think bigger closet space will be much helpful than a bigger shower :). Thanks!

1 Like

Happy Mother’s Day to all of you!!!

5 Likes

Well, my son had dorm selection today at 12:30pm and he snagged one of the last single suites in Hullabaloo (4th floor)! It’s wasn’t his first choice, but the double rooms were all taken by Friday. Still, he’s glad to be in!

There were a few single suites (2 rooms share 1 bathroom) and double suites (4 people share one bathroom) still left. Good luck to everyone still choosing!

3 Likes

Any insight on how the modulars are looking?
My daughter chooses tomorrow.

1 Like

Hi. My daughter is choosing housing tomorrow at 4:30pm… for herself and her roommate. She would like a Northside Modular (Haas and Neeley are top choices… assuming that Lechner and McFadden are reserved for Honors?). Any idea what her prospects look like to find an empty room? Thank you!

Portal site is down! We have a 1630 time. Anyone else have this?

Mine too!

For those of you picking Potluck - when do you find out the name of your roommate? From the video it shows the student’s first name and last initial. After my daughter picks her room she wants to cal/email/snap chat her new roommate. She chooses Thursday at 12:30 hoping for NS Modular.

1 Like

My son chose a single suite today. The person in the other suite had a little bio and a contact link. He was able to send him his snap and phone number. Still lots of room in Hullabaloo today!

I’ve heard a lot of the Northside is full but that is probably more for folks going in with a roommate. Best wishes. My girl has her time tomorrow. The FB groups have lots of helpful info.

1 Like

For those students choosing housing on campus, is there sign-up ongoing to request parking?

@EagleMomma once you know housing spot, your student can go to Parking & Transportation website to request parking. I think they can select up to 5 locations. Don’t expect to get 1st choice.
Look at campus maps to determine the locations.

to add onto @52AG82 They try to get those living on campus close to the dorm if possible. All other freshman get either lot 100 or WC garage typically.

1 Like

So glad that is over!! It was actually quick and easy but then again my daughter wasn’t chasing after Northside or Hullaballoo! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I was surprised how quickly it went for us as well. It was a little anticlimatic!

2 Likes

Yes!! I totally agree with you!!

Glad it went so well - do you have any tips for those of us still waiting to go?

1 Like

We picked the first day, so we did not have to deal with rooms being booked and no room for roommates. If your child has a roommate, DO NOT try to change rooms after you select a room. You will have to unlink them, then the roommate will not get to pick until their time slot. Chances are that they would not be able to room together.
Have several choices ranked to be ready when it is their time. You do not want to get in there and then have to figure out your backup plans.

2 Likes

Where can you find the floor plans for a particular dorm? I’m looking for Underwood.

Reslife site should have all of them.