Texas A&M Class of 2025...After you have been accepted...Q&A

Thanks AggieMom - I cant find any floor plans on Reslife

So you are wanting the building layout? Not sure there is one out there. I think all rooms are the same tho. And I wouldn’t worry too much about location of room, just the floor.

Does anyone know if when you are selecting rooms if it shows you actual location?? @tmclanton

When we were selecting, it showed the room location and the other rooms like kitchen, study lounge, stair wells.

1 Like

Okay so you found what you needed???

It does not show the whole floor and where exactly in the building the room is, just the section around the room. People are saying it is a safety issue to post the whole floor plan of the building. (I think that is weird… if someone knows you are in room 413 and get into the building, they can easily find the room with out a floor plan.

Its a long story - I emailed ResLife for a building layout. Its more curiosity than anything. As for the story, my daughter got a room in Haas her #1 choice w/i seconds of logging on and we were done in 3-4 minutes. She goes back to school for the rest of her classes. Later that night her roommate emails my daughter and says she wants to room w/her friend and asked my daughter to find another room. Classy. My daughter got a new room in Underwood and really likes her new roommate so it all worked out.

1 Like

Wow. Very classy. Sounds like your daughter dodged a crazy roomie experience. Glad it all worked out!

That’s horrible but I’m glad she found another girl to room with!! Better to find out b/f rooming with someone like that!

2 Likes

BTW… I felt like I was part of the inner circle when you asked for my input! I have arrived!!!

1 Like

Anyone able to give some recon about the situation on northside? My kid signs up for housing tomorrow and was hoping to pull a roommate into one of the balcony halls.

My son took the MPE last night. We have received his results and I guess he did okay. I found a chart that was from Summer 2016 that explains what class would be recommended. Do you all know if the score interpretation is the same or has it changed?
Here is what I found:

You have arrived indeed. Your comments and advice have been super helpful to many. Not to mention your amazing humor!!!

1 Like

As for MPE, anything over that 22 mark is solid to take whatever math you need.

Edited… I found the information that someone posted on FB. When I looked at the computer my son took the MPE on last night, it had the same message. So, I erased the other information to put in the most current information. This is the guidance for students taken the MPE2 (non-engineers or science majors- except Biology)

Hmm, I’m not sure. My son took the MPE4 for Engineering majors and the minimum score requirement is a 22.

He can start with Math 140 and then math 142 in the spring. 140 is more algebra and 142 more calc.

You may be over thinking it. The MPE is to make sure they don’t need a course before the 140/142 and equivalents. It definitely matters more for Eng. since it could effect ETAM if courses aren’t complete.

1 Like

@TamuDad15 for security reasons, you won’t find a full map/layout of the dorms.
I would’ve told the roomie HECK NO, and made her switch rooms. Hopefully your girl will love the new friend/roomie!

@tmclanton you are definitely overthinking the MPE. I never even knew what score my kid got, what score was needed, or even when they took it.
They all take 140 & 142 in Mays; I think one can be skipped if they’ve had a very high level math class. As long as he doesn’t bomb the MPE, he’s fine.

@DTxAggie a friend at church yesterday told me her son & roomie got the last open room for 2 in Keathly last week. Schumacher is balcony style, too. If you know someone who has already selected, they can go in tonight and check out availability, I think?

Not sure anyone can skip math. Every college requires at least 6 hours because TAMU requires 6 hours of math. Of course your major dictates what those are.