Texas A&M Class of 2028 Official Thread

is a 4.7 weighted gpa good enough for first quartile?

Most majors 1400 to be safe if not auto.

3 Likes

Probably, but it depends on the software / calculations that A&M is using from your SRAR. I don’t think anyone knows for sure how they assign ranks to non-ranked students.

1 Like

Admission looks mainly at UW, plus the calculated course strength index from SRAR.

3 Likes

Did your student get accommodations for the dyslexia from college board for the SAT? If not, he could apply and retake the SAT and submit if it is the score he wants.

1 Like

Yes he has taken it with accommodations. Thanks

1 Like

Have you considered marine business at Tamu Galveston ( different application but satellite campus of TAMU) as a backup? With great grades and careful planning, he could maybe do change of major ( ChristiR93 would be a good source on how) into Mays after a year. It might be tough to get into business without top ten percent and test optional. People have done Econ and changed major also. It sounds like he is a great student , I’m sure he will do well!

1 Like

Applied for my daughter for Business Major and economics minor.

She is not in the top 10 percent but from very competitive HS.

Weighted GPA: 4.02
SAT :1390 waiting for score for Aug SAT
AP scholar with distinction
More than 50 dual credits/ AP credits
One year internship in finance for full one year(5 hrs/week)

AIS Rank- First quartile

Will apply other colleges as it looks by the time holistic review application comes Maya business school will be full.

@Agandotra make sure she listed Econ as a 2nd major option; students don’t declare minors for awhile (perhaps that’s what you meant).

1 Like

Galveston maritime business is a great major as you’re suggesting. Many who start there in business end up staying because they want to

FYI you’ll need 30 Tamu hours completed to apply to change major to cstat campus for Mays.

Thanks . She mentioned Econ as second choice.

3 Likes

Anyone know how many BlinnTeams get accepted to Mays every year(assuming they get 3.8+ GPA both Blinn and A&M) ?

DS applied but he is just outside top 10%.

@SilviaWS what are his stats (rank, test scores)? What was his 2nd major choice?
Blinn TEAM has to be offered, students can’t apply for it. Great offer/opportunity, as students are considered full time Aggies.
Blinn TEAM students select a ‘track’, and it’s sort of like a contract. If the contract is fulfilled-classes taken/required gpa/completed on time, etc, student is admitted to their major choice.
But again, TEAM is only offered, and not until end of January/early February-March.

*note that Mays does not accept students with more than 60 hours, which include DC and accepted AP.

He already applied and everything says complete. SAT 1450, class rank is 10.2%, typical 12 APs, no DC, one IB. He checked “Blinn” option. Want to know if it is practical if offered BlinnTeam.

His four HS friends a year or two senior with similar stat got Blinn this January. One of his friends is doing Blinn and told him Blinn for business is bad idea.

2 Likes

@SilviaWS great stats, I’d expect full acceptance…hopefully before Mays fills.
Blinn TEAM is a fantastic offer! Not sure why high school friends say don’t take TEAM Mays track? Yes, 3.8 at both schools won’t be easy…but Mays isn’t easy.

1 Like

Do you know how many Blinn Team successfully got accepted to Mays after finishing the requirement?

1 Like

@ChristiR93 or @FriscoDad can answer this

I had heard 10.2% “rounds” to 10%? Any thoughts on whether that is true anyone?

2 Likes

I believe someone posted last year that it happened to them but A&M is really under no obligation to do it. So if it happens… give extra generously to a charity or a church or something and be thankful!

3 Likes