Texas A&M Class of 2028 Official Thread

Congratulations to both! I thought he applied Mays.

He applied Mays as first, Engineering second in August but quickly changed to Engineering.

4 Likes

I thought he was a Mays applicant?

2 Likes

Did he get his auto-admit assignment or still at first quarter?
If you don’t mind please also share if your daughter got into Engineering Honor in ETAM year.

@SilviaWS congrats! But why the change from Mays to Engineering??

1 Like

DS didn’t get auto-admit even after third email, the admission office explained even though he was 2 spots from top 10%, there were over 20 students with identical GPA (class of over 1300) so just like you said, it was hard to determine if he was 10.4 or 10.5.
Daughter got accepted into engineering Honor in March. She was too late to get Brown scholarship consideration due to the hiccup but A&M still offered her with a very generous scholarship. That’s why she dropped UT and chose A&M.

2 Likes

I don’t have access to his portal and he didn’t tell me. But I think at the beginning he’s kind of scare of the ETAM but his sister told him it’s not that bad (she just took first round of tests in the semester lol!)

3 Likes

Any holistic Mays applicants seeing full admit yet?

1 Like

Do you know how often that the engineering acceptances will roll out? My son received an email a couple of weeks ago about applying to the honors college for engineering so I was really hopeful he would get in this first round but it doesn’t look like that way. Does anyone have any information with this? Thank you.

1 Like

My son was just admitted via holistic review for Engineering. We logged into the housing portal, but I don’t see the application. Has it not been released yet, or are we just not looking in the right place?

Just got the AIS congrats note with the ResLife link. Logged into housing portal but do not see “Housing Application”. Still need to wait some time for it to show up or are we missing something?

2 Likes

Took us a day to see it. It actually opened up at like 6am for us the next day.

1 Like

Thank you for taking the time to share

1 Like

Can you share information about your son’s application? SAT, GPA, class rank, in state/out of state, date application was final

1 Like

It takes some time to populate. Keep trying and within a day or two you should be able to register.

1 Like

thank you for all your great advice.

1 Like

Holistic review, just got admission to Mays!! So thankful!

5 Likes

congratulations!! do you mind sharing the stats / SAT score?
mine applied Mays first choice, holistic review, SAT 1300, and today ACT result came with 29

1 Like

When did you apply

1 Like

Son was accepted into engineering today. Stats:

OOS (Midwest)
Homeschooled
34 ACT (disclosed); 1490 SAT (not disclosed)
5 APs completed; taking 2 more APs senior year
4.0 unweighted, 4.21 weighted
Successful robotics team
Achieved Freedom Award in Trail Life USA (scouting)
Works 10-12 hours/week
Showed demonstrated interest by touring & doing Spend Night w/ Corps

Applying for engineering honors and considering the Corps

He was holistic review, and categorized as Top 10%; applied 8/15, received engineering honors application 8/30 (not turned in yet), accepted today 9/19

Son is very excited!

3 Likes