Texas A&M Class of 2028 Official Thread

Yes, those will switch and add some more tabs. AIS usually updates in the early morning, and from what it says it looks like Tuesdays and Thursdays are the days to check. Fingers crossed!

2 Likes

May I know where to find it?

1 Like

Go to Tamu Housing Portal and click on MyHousingPortal login. Once you log in, there should be an option near the top that says “Housing Applications”.

Thanks. Seems not ready yet. Hope the tabs are not a mistake. Will keep checking.

1 Like

The only time I’m aware of anyone getting 7 tabs and then reverting back to 3 was someone who applied and AIS showed them as being top 10% and then they got reclassified into top 25%. That meant holistic review and not auto-admit, so they went from having 7 tabs back to 3. That seems unlikely at this point, but obviously when the housing portal opens that means you’re good to go.

2 Likes

Correct!! If you have 7 tabs then official acceptance is coming. Look at the dashboard on howdy. It will show major, fall 2024 College station.

2 Likes

I was the one who posted that yesterday… have you checked today? My son’s AIS portal updated today!

On the one I posted yesterday it used to say Engineering Review under Manage Applications, updated to General Engineering yesterday under Manage Applications and his AIS shows that ^^^ today. He is my baby so our 3rd time through this. :smiling_face:

2 Likes

Mine was not able to apply to housing when we got 7 tabs, it wasn’t until his AIS portal updated to Accepted and he used that housing link. I think that is a change this year.

2 Likes

I’d check back around noon today. AIS updated at noon last week when my kid got admitted. I know it usually updates in the mornings, so I was surprised when it updated last week.

Meant that for CC20TC.

1 Like

Thanks. I will keep an eye on it.

Holistic and 7 Tabs this morning.
Where do you see the major on Howdy portal?
When should we expect AIS to reflect the update so my daughter can believe it’s official.
Thanks for all the guidance and hand holding.

2 Likes

Go into the “My Dashboard” tab in Howdy and look for an option called “Overview”. Click on that and it’ll show you the major and college.

Another option is to click on “Manage Applications” when you’re in the “Applicant” tab, and that will show you the major and program.

1 Like

congratulations

That did it, thank you

2 Likes

Congratulations - Can you post a info about the application for the rest of the holistic ppl?

2 Likes

Like - When was her application completed, requested major, SAT and GPA?

Yes Please Post. Especially OOS Holistic, but also the Top 10% like Texas schools.

2 Likes

My son applied 8/2
7 tabs 8/8
Accepted to University 9/14
Accepted to General Engineering 9/19
Top 2% (11/582)
4.0 unweighted GPA
5.62 weighted GPA
1450 SAT (780 Math)
3 President’s Volunteer Service Awards (over 600 hours)
4 PLTW Engineering Classes
Several leadership positions including Class Officer (3 years)
One sport 4 years
Multiple organizations/clubs/honor organizations.
In State

3 Likes

Application was final 08/07. Non ranking very well respected classical school. GPA 4.98/5. 1310 SAT. Nutrition first, public health second.
Many extra curriculars and quite a bit of leadership. Summer jobs, mission trips….
Not sure if it matters, but, She did every A&M informational available to her. Some, multiple times. Pretty sure the area recruiter for our area would recognize her if they ran into each other……
She only wanted one school, TAMU, and we couldn’t talk her into hedging her bets. I am still awaiting her call when she takes a look at the portal this afternoon. Can’t wait to hear her excitement/relief.

8 Likes

DS got full admission to engineering this morning! Housing portal just opened. Thanks @friscodad @52AG82 He will join his sister who just started her ETAM year.

6 Likes