Texas A&M Class of 2028 Official Thread

@AbdulAlimi
Blinn TEAM doesn’t participate with Engineering, but there are other alternative Engineering pathways-TEAB, Engineering at Galveston & McAllen campuses, local Engineering Academies in several cities, and several other pathways. You can google them.

Strong class rank, but 110 SAT could definitely hurt chances of straight admission to main campus.
What are the highest math and science classes you’ve taken? Do you have any AP classes?

What was your 2nd major choice?

Second Major was Data Engineering

Highest Math is currently Math Models
Highest Science is AP Chemistry (currently taking) and Physics

Other APs I’ve done are English Lit, U.S. and World History, currently taking AP Gov

Have you taken Pre-Cal or Calculus?
What are your AP scores?
So you only applied for Engineering?

I was not put into Pre Cal for this semester, since I didn’t not meet the math requirement for the the Texas Readiness and as for my scores on the APs…

3 on World History
1 for Both U.S and English Lit

And yes I only applied to Engineering but as I scrolled up apparently I should’ve done one major as Engineering since everyone goes into General Engineering correct?

Also not sure if this helps but I’m a Posse Finalist for Texas A&M

@AbdulAlimi yes, all incoming freshman (in Engineering) enter as General Engineering.

Unfortunately you do not have the math strength needed, very low SAT and AP scores need to be 4 or 5.

Not knowing where you live, I’d suggest looking at this link and applying to one of the local Engineering Academies (scroll to the bottom to see locations).

1 Like

I don’t see anyway to get accepted to Engineering at A&M, with not even Pre Cal and a submitted 1110.
Perhaps they’ll offer you admission as General Studies?

1 Like

I see thank you

If Engineering at Galveston is offered, that’s a great opportunity! TEAB also-both considered ‘full admission’.

Is your high school counselor helping you at all?

1 Like

So far I’ve only applied to the main school and I was heard that all of those are gateways, I do not know what is TEAB is.

Texas A&M Engineering at Blinn = TEAB
(like Blinn TEAM, but engineering specific)

1 Like

Would I be able to transfer to A&M if I go here for my freshmen year?

TEAB is a co-enrollment, between Blinn College and A&M. Students who are both TEAM and TEAB are considered ‘full admission’ to A&M.
They can live on campus, buy a Sports Pass, have a Meal Plan and pledge fraternity & sororities. Read the link I sent carefully to see what TEAB involves, requirements.

I still worry about your SAT and math level. If you’re a POSSE Finalist, who is helping you with that? High school counselor, someone from the POSSE Foundation? You really need some guidance from someone, even a local A&M recruiter.
If it’s possible to still change your 2nd major choice in AIS, I would add a non-Engineering Major quickly. Please seek help asap from your guidance counselor or POSSE rep.

2 Likes

Will do then thank you

2 Likes

what does First Quarter ranking Signify? Does it qualify you for any merit scholarships?

It just means they ranked someone in the top quarter but not in the top 10%. Top 10% is automatic admission, top 25% means holistic review. Obviously, it’s better to be in the top 25% for holistic review than in a lower quartile.

5 Likes

@tikkar21 be aware that A&M does give a huge amount of scholarship $$…BUT primarily to NM s/f and need based (identified Century Scholar schools). Most Corps students get some $$ also. There are posts EVERY year by parents of Valedictorians & Salutatorians, who don’t ever get a dime from A&M.

Maroon Merit scholarship did offer $$ to select OOS students -VERY high achieving students-but that scholarship has been phased out.

If you are counting on $$, A&M isn’t the school. They don’t dangle or match $$ from other schools.
Better to know sooner, rather than later…

3 Likes

I am hearing that Mays is full for class of 2028. This is from a person that was accepted to TAMU and wanted to change her major to BUAD. The response she got from TAMU said Mays was full.

1 Like

We were notified “verbally” by finance that we will be getting an “In-State Tuition Waiver”. Our son is a “National Recognition Program Scholar”, but possibly no extra cash for the National Recognition Program Scholar just the tuition waiver. Online currently says there is cash attached as funding permits, but we are not counting on that. We also have disabled Vet money that will come in as well. If A&M doesn’t “hit” financially he will not attend. We have our NSC date, did housing, etc. We shall see…

3 Likes

That’s probably right, Mays is usually full by end of October-early November.

2 Likes