Texas A&M Class of 2028 Official Thread

If I remember correctly, your in-state waiver is tied to Vet/Military benefits, correct? Otherwise, very difficult to get in-state waiver (if not NMSF).

We did get the “In-State Tuition Waiver” for NRPS “verbally”, but probably no extra cash. I specifically checked with financial aid BEFORE paying for NSC. I have not forwarded any of my VA stuff yet so that doesn’t play as of yet.

1 Like

…and yes IF you the parent are collecting any VA benefits then you also get an “In-State Tuition Waiver”, but we need the waiver PLUS the VA educational benefits to make A&M financially doable.

1 Like

If it were me, I’d get that ‘verbal’ in writing…

1 Like

FA says it is coming and will be sorted with the other “internal” scholarships that the student is automatically considered for.

2 Likes

I have a kiddo anxiously waiting to hear from enge. 1430 SAT, (710 math.) A&M has him listed as first quarter. He attends a small private school that doesn’t rank. 3.7 unweighted GPA, attended ME YAP last summer, strong recs, 7 AP classes, currently taking AP Physics (calculus based,) AP Calc AB, has A’s in both,strong recs, 4 yr multi sport Varsity athlete, great intern experience, started his own power washing business, has all the things….anyone else still (patiently….ha!) waiting with similar stats?

1 Like

Good Luck. Mine is OOS and heard just one day after the Texas Top 10%.
He had high stats, AP’s, 1/424.

1 Like

From everything I have read and seen, your kiddo should absolutely get in with their SAT score and being 1st Quarter. Good luck!

3 Likes

Didn’t you state on the Purdue forum that you ruled out all colleges that didn’t offer direct admission to a major? Are you back to TAMU as a possibility now?

jimdlt1

jimdlt1

10d

We have now limited our Engineering Schools to Freshman “DIRECT ADMIT” Programs into Major of Choice, which in our case is Mech Engineering.

1 Like

Everything is “Possible” Until Final Commit.
Going through ALL the University processes, especially Housing.
However, YES 'DIRECT ADMIT" to Mech Engineering Schools are the Front Runners.

…to add the “Reach Dream” School Admittance Decision does not come in until Dec 15th.

Oh, and he’s a 4th gen Aggie!!!

3 Likes

Curious…why would you pay (non refundable) for NSC, if A&M isn’t front runner?

1 Like

Options, Options, Options…

1 Like

Also, if the “written” In-State Tuition Waiver comes in, Plus moving our Florida Pre-Paid A&M would be FREE all 4 years. Total Cost of Attendance. So we shall see…

As parents we gotta be on this, like flies on poop :rofl:
We already have hotels reserved at all of our son’s accepted schools, AND schools he is waiting on, for summer stuff like A&M NSC (other schools do similar) for dorm move-in dates, parents’ weekends, football games we want to see in Fall 2024, you get the idea. The final school (except for the REACH DREAM) will not be selected until mid-Feb 2024 when all the financials from all the schools come in. It may seem crazy but it works, “lots of spreadsheets”

I consider myself on it, and I stress out those in my family with my “on it” and you stress me out!

3 Likes

Meant this for jimdlt1.

You probably know this, but won’t get that at TAMU since you only get into General Engineering and then try to get into mechanical engineering through ETAM in a year. Easy if you have a 3.75 GPA. If not, Mechanical Engineering is the second most popular engineering discipline (just shy of #1 this past spring). It looks like they admitted 388 of 587 applicants to mechanical engineering.

4 Likes

Great INFO!!! Thanks so much :+1:

1 Like

I know a few people who got acceptances on Tuesday to Mays. Maybe they’ve just stopped allowing transfers? Or it could just be top performers, not sure what their stats were.